Welcome

~ ABOUT OUR PROGRAM ~

Here we are staring into the lens of another Wattys season, and the Bootcamp Mentors are excited to help a fresh group of talented writers prepare their stories for the 'Big Dance'!  Whether you are a returning mentee hopeful, or this is your first time visiting our profile, you will find all the details you need in the chapters of this book. 

How does it all work?

During the submission window (May 2021), you will pitch your completed novel (minimum 50K words) to up to three mentors for consideration. Each submission needs to be available on Wattpad in its entirety, and you must intend to submit this same manuscript to the Wattys.

If you are chosen as a mentee, you and your mentor will work on your manuscript for three months (June 1 through August 31). You will edit, revise, and polish until the piece is ready for submission.

What is in it for the mentee?

You will end up with a polished manuscript that will be ready for the Wattys! But only if. . .

Mentees are expected to work on their manuscript for the duration of the mentorship. You must be open to feedback and in-depth discussions with your mentor. If you are not willing to put in the work or just want a pat on the back, this program is not for you. It's also not an easy way to get reads, votes, and comments. This is hard work. If you are not up to the challenge, please do not apply and take a spot from someone who is really invested.

What is in it for the mentor?

The satisfaction of giving back. We donate our time because we all had help to get where we are today. We know that a manuscript needs many sets of eyes in order to be the best version it can be. Helping our fellow writers find their inner muse and nurturing their strengths feels pretty awesome.

What's next?

Leading up to this year's Wattys kickoff, we will publish chapters with tips on how folks can prepare their manuscripts for submission to our mentors. You will need more than a polished story to enter the Wattys, and we want to get you ready for that. If you are considering becoming a mentee, we highly recommend you add this book to your library and follow our profile so you are notified of announcements. 

If you are interested in becoming a mentor, and you are a Wattpad Star, a published author, or an editor, please message us or leave an inline comment and we will be in touch. 

Are you up to the challenge? Hard work and sweat is in your future! So keep writing and stay tuned. Once this year's Wattys season gets underway, there will be more chapters to follow!

DISCLAIMER: THE WATTYS MENTORSHIP BOOTCAMP HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH WATTPAD, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THE WATTYS

DISCLAIMER: THE WATTYS MENTORSHIP BOOTCAMP HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH WATTPAD, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THE WATTYS. IT IS INDEPENDENTLY RUN BY WATTPAD MEMBERS. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY INCREASE YOUR CHANCES TO WIN A WATTY.

Photo credit: Spongebob Squarepants animated series by Nickelodeon