Chapter 20 Reckless

Carolina found herself overlooking a Ghost Town. . . The coverup for the Freelancer Offsite Storage Facility.

Carolina: How many?

Epsilon: None.

Carolina: Really? You're sure?

Epsilon: Positive. We're alone. . .

The AI vanished and Carolina drove forward in her Mongoose, getting out once she was near.

Epsilon: It's up here!

Ghost Epsilon stood in front of a tree with a control panel.

FILSS: I am sorry. This is a secure facility. Only authorized personnel may enter.

Carolina: FILSS? Is that you? What's happened to you?

FILSS: This is a secure facility. Only authorized personnel may enter. Please leave the premises immediately.

Carolina: FILSS, this is Agent North Carolina of Project Freelancer. Acknowledge and go for secure.

FILSS: I am sorry, I recognize that designation, but only authorized personnel may enter this facility.

Carolina: Church?

Epsilon: Open the door, FILSS.

FILSS: Certainly.

The wall opened up to reveal a hallway.

FILSS: Welcome back, Director. I did not expect to see you again so soon.

Carolina: Thank you.

Epsilon/FILSS: My pleasure.

FILSS: Strange, I was unaware you have left, Director. I will have to scan my files and find the error.

Carolina: Left?

FILSS: Yes, since his last visit.

Carolina: So you show the Director inside the facility as well as outside?

FILSS: Strange, is it not?

Carolina: Yes, strange. And exactly what we were hoping for.

*At Valhalla*

The Reds and Blues stood in the center of Valhalla, the Reds standing with the Blue Flag behind them and the Blues standing with the Red Flag behind them.

Grif: Well, this is depressing.

Sarge: Can it, Private. 

Grif: What? I'm just saying what we're all thinking.

Sarge: You didn't say you were fat and worthless, but we were definitely all thinking that.

Standing in the direct center was Simmons and Tucker.

Ruby: Alright, you know the drill guys.

Simmons: Do we have to?

Tucker: Yeah, can't we just trade flags?

Grif/Kaikaina: Lame.

Simmons/Tucker: *sighs* I would just like everyone to know that I suck. . . and that I'm a girl. . . and I like ribbons in my hair. . .

South: This was funny at first, but this is like the nineteenth time.

Wash: Yeah. . .

Simmons/Tucker: And I want to kiss all the boys. . .

Wash: Hey! What else have you got?

Ruby: Depends, you want a Warthog?

Kaikaina: We already have the Hornet.