Chapter 3 Follow the Leader

?: Intruder, get 'em!

The two soldiers fired at CT! Her body flickered before vanishing!

?: Stand down.

The ODST stepped up, Connecticut landing on the ground behind him and kicking both soldiers before pushing their guns up! She pulled them together and did a split kick, taking an Assault Rifle for herself and aiming it at the Insurrectionist Leader, the man not moving an inch or flinching.

Connecticut: You didn't wait for me to start. I'm hurt.

She lowered the rifle at and tossed it to him.

Headcase: I was worried about you, didn't think you'd be able to get away.

He tossed the gun into a soldier's hands.

Connecticut: You don't know the half of it, they stepped up production. Here.

She handed him a data drive before they walked to a terminal.

Connecticut: This ship was captured by the enemy. I'm surprised there's anything left in the database.

Headcase: Heh, not everyone follows protocol. You should know that better than anyone.

Connecticut: You really think they discovered another artifact? How could nobody have discovered that when they were processing the wreckage?

Headcase: They didn't know where to look, and they didn't have what you have.

A soldier arrived with news.

Soldier: Sir, we are in position, awaiting your signal.

The ODST nodded and smiled beneath his helmet.

*Present Day, 2553*

At the UNSC Archives Facility, soldiers behind barricades outside fired at the entrance to the faculty! Taking cover behind a barricade at the entrance was Carolina, who was firing her own rifle. Wash began running up the ramp to the surface,

Carolina: Wash, take that right side!

Wash took cover and fired his Battle Rifle, taking out the man manning a turret!

Wash: Where's everyone else?!

Carolina: Working on an extraction plan. They should be here right about. . .

Tejano music blared as Grif drove off a hill and crashed right into the enemy soldiers, South manning the gunner and shooting down the strays! The Warthog parked before the two Freelancers as Caboose and Sarge arrived. Grif clicked off the music.

Grif: 'Sup?

South: I'll give it to ya, you sure make the ride fun.

Luckily, Tucker was not nearby yet.

Sarge: Damn you Private Grif, you took out those soldiers before I could administer my lethal brand of Red Justice! Now where is Simmons?

Grif: I don't know. We found another Warthog and he was right behind me.

As if on queue, Simmons drove up with Tucker in the passenger seat, their jeep playing classy music.

Simmons: Present.

Grif: Wow. . . Nice entrance dude. Very thrilling.

Simmons: Hey, I don't need all that flash. Some of us have respect for the fundamentals.

Grif: Hey, what did I tell you before? You know you're not allowed to use words that have the term fun in them.

Tucker: I'm riding with you next time, he actually stopped at the train tracks.