Chapter 6 What's the "I" Stand For?

Agents Washington, South Dakota, and North Carolina gathered inside the Zanzibar Fortress.

Wash: Looking for something?

Carolina: Leads, information, anything. You said Maine has been through here, right?

South: Yeah, like a while ago.

Carolina: Then look closely.

South: Carolina, there isn't anything here.

Carolina: Don't tell me hanging around with these morons has turned you two soft.

Meanwhile, both Tucker and Ruby were a floor above them, eavesdropping.

Tucker: Hey, she said morons. That's us!

Ruby: Be quiet.

Wash turned to the large power source of the facility.

Wash: The Meta was attempting to transfer energy from these turbines into his suit. It was the only way he could keep his equipment running.

The cyan freelancer turned away from the machines.

Carolina: *sighs* Poor Maine. . .

Wash: Carolina, it wasn't your fault-

Carolina: *snaps around* But it was my AI!

South: And none of us could've guessed what Sigma was up to.

Carolina: Yeah? Well sometimes, I'm not so sure.

Wash: What?

Carolina: We were told that the AI were specifically designed for each of us. North was chosen for Theta. York had Delta. Sigma. . . was mine.

South: What are you saying?

Carolina: You really think the Director didn't know what would happen?

South: The Director was smart, but it's not like the guy can predict the future.

Carolina: He always had his little experiments, he just. . . forgot to take a few extra variables into account.

Wash: And what about now? The whole world think's you're dead. Do you think he knows you're coming for him?

Carolina: Yes, I do. And for once, I look forward to proving him right.

Wash: *sighs* The Director was always hard on you.

Unfortunately, Tucker was in the vicinity.

Tucker: Dude, he said hard-on. Bow Chicka-

Epsilon: Shut up! They'll hear you!

South: *looks at Wash* Fuck that, he was hard on all of us.

Tucker: Oh come on, you gotta let me have that one.

An SMG pressed against his side.

Ruby: Shut up.

Wash: Yeah, you're right about that. But you have to admit, he was pretty hard on himself.

Unfortunately, the threat of a shock round was not enough to stop the Aqua soldier.

Tucker: That's it, I'm doing it.

Ruby: Tucker no-

Tucker: BOW CHICKA BOW- WOAH!

A burst of fire crashed into the wall beside him!

Tucker: SAME TEAM! SAME TEAM! FUCK!

Ruby: You idiot!

Carolina: What are you doing here?!