𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐿𝑂𝐺𝑈𝐸 !

LONDON, ENGLAND.
MARCH 26TH 1965

Alice Montgomery was never one to complain about things. She always found that complaining about things made a situation worse than it already was. Like the time her father saved up for months to take the family on a trip to Disney land and it rained the entire time. She and her half sister, Ginny complained the whole entire time and made their father feel much more horrible than he already had.

Or the time when she and her father drove up to the cabin the Montgomery's owned in the mountains and the car broke down halfway there. She complained about how her feet hurt the whole way to the gas station, which might I add was a four mile walk.

"Goddammit, Alice." Was what Albert Montgomery shouted at his whiny fourteen year old. After that, Alice realized that complaining got her no where. Until now.

"This place stinks." Alice grimaced as she and her sister walked into their new flat. Ginny sat down the army green bag and old torn guitar case she was holding. "It's not bad. Just needs some love." The optimistic Montgomery sister said with a smile.

"Few leaks. But nothin' a call to the maintenance won't do." Frank, their landlord said. "Here's your key, if you need anything I'll be in my office." He gave the two girls a heart warming smile before letting himself out. Ginny thanked the man as he left.

Ginny let out a soft cough and covered her nose as she looked around the apartment, searching for the place of the disgusting scent that she smelled. "We have to open a window." She said and scrunched up her nose.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Alice said and cracked the small window in the living area of the flat before walking over to the door, picking up the lonely box that sat in front of it. "I'm going to take my things to my room." She said softly.

"I guess I should do the same." Ginny said and picked up the box she brought as well. The girls didn't have much and they only brought a few things. One box of trinkets and valuables, a duffel bag of clothes, and their instrument each.

As they made it to the small hallway next to the kitchen, they both parted ways in the middle, walking into two separate rooms. "I've got a closet and one window." Ginny shouted. Alice could hear the smile in her voice.

"I have no window and no closet, just an old dresser that the last tenet left." Alice said rather irritatedly. "We can switch, Al." Ginny spoke up.

"No. S'alright." Alice hummed from the other room. "I guess we ought to go out to a second hand store for furniture."

Ginny sat the duffel bag she had on her shoulder onto the floor with a thump. "I guess so." She sighed, walking out of the room and over to Alice's. "How much money do we have? I only had fifty dollars when we left the states..." Ginny chuckled nervously and handed the money she had over to Alice. The older Montgomery girl stuffed her hand in her back pocket, fishing out her brown tattered wallet and pulled out thirty-five pounds.