Chapter 17: Work studies

Start from the beginning

Annabeth ran the possibilities through her head. "It couldn't be All Might talking to him about work studies. Mirio's mentor, Sir Nighteye, fell out with All Might a few years ago. Actually, it was right after the fight where he got the wound. Perhaps Sir Nighteye used his quirk to see something in All Might's future? And he got too afraid of what would happen to him?"

Percy nodded. "I really have no clue."

Annabeth sweatdropped. "Do you ever, Perce?"

"Hey!"

"Sorry for speaking the truth, Seaweed Brain."

"Hmph." Percy turned away.

A giggling Annabeth put her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Percy. But anyway, it could also be All Might wanting to give Mirio a message to give to Sir Nighteye. Oh!"

Protective as always, Percy whipped around. "What is it? Is something wrong?!"

Annabeth waved him away. "No no, I just realized that All Might could be asking Mirio to recommend Izuku to Sir Nighteye's agency."

Percy scratched his head. "Why couldn't All Might do it himself?"

They started walking towards All Might's office to see if they could find Mirio. "Probably because they fell out a while ago, remember?"

They saw Mirio about to enter the door. Percy waved to him. "Mirio!"

He turned around, and smiled when he looked at them. "Hello! Once again I am very sorry!"

Thank goodness that they had PTSD and he appeared naked in front of them. As weird as it sounded, it really helped them. Annabeth said, "Well you would be completely forgiven and all if..."

Mirio looked excited. "What is it? I'll do my best to do whatever it is!"

They had to use Mirio's want to help them to their advantage. Annabeth continued. "...if you introduced the two of us to Sir Nighteye. We both want to do our work studies at his agency."

Laughing, Mirio said, "Is that it? I'll definitely do that. He's actually been asking about the two of you. Chase, you will probably get in because of your similar quirks and interests. Jackson, for you to get in you'll need to make him laugh. He really values laughter."

Percy grinned. "Not a problem!"

"I need to go to All Might now," Mirio smiled. "I wonder what he wants with me... Anyway, bye!"

-----

Izuku was confused. For some reason, All Might wanted him to talk with Togata. Togata was super strong, and Izuku had taken lots of notes about him after they fought him. After he almost stabbed himself with Jackson's pen sword.

Togata sat down next to him. "You are here! Just kidding! Sorry! I got a little too excited when I heard you wanted to talk to me, All Might!"

Looking at All Might, Izuku said. "Um, I don't really understand what's going on..."

Togata agreed with him, so All Might explained. "Young Togata is currently doing his work study under Nighteye."

Wait... what?! Izuku whipped his head towards Togata. "Is that true, Togata?"

"Call me Mirio! And yes, I've been with him for a year now!"

He was so cool! "So when you graduate, you're pretty much guaranteed to be a sidekick, huh?"

To- Mirio nodded. "As long as Sir doesn't change his mind!"

"Ahem," All Might started. "Let us get to the point. Do you think Young Midoriya can work under Nighteye, Young Togata?"