Chapter 10: Final exams

A/N: Hey guys! I feel so bad about not uploading yesterday because I could have sworn I did, so I'm adding a Kamijirou bonus date at the end! It's going to be set during the studying week. I reference it a bit during this chapter. Sorry, again!

Hero training started. All Might started speaking. "It's hero basic training! Long time no see, boys and girls! How've you been? For this time's hero basic training - since you've all just gotten back from your internships - we'll have some fun with a rescue training race!"

Iida, as usual asked some questions about the ground they were training on, since it was rescue training but not the USJ. All Might responded that the USJ was a training ground for disasters, not for a race.

They were at Field Gamma, an area packed to the brim with factories laid out like a labyrinth. All Might said that they were to break up into 4 five person groups, and go through the training one group at a time. "When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll all start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first! Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum."

He said the last line while looking at Bakugou, who seemed offended but like he knew it was going to happen at the same time.

The first group was Ashido, Izuku, Sero, Ojiro, and Iida. If this was before the internships, Annabeth would have been worried that Izuku would get last. Since he did training with Gran Torino, though, he had a high chance of getting first if he didn't trip or stumble. Annabeth had seen him in action with Stain, and he was seriously fast.

Everyone stated betting on who would get first, but not a single person picked Izuku. Annabeth spoke up. "Well, Percy and I believe that Izuku will come in at least third place. His mobility has improved, but he's not confident enough in it yet."

People seemed kind of iffy on that, since he was the one there with the least mobility. Annabeth just smirked and told them to watch.

The race started, and the competitors seemed to be doing well. Sero commented on how the place was too perfect for him, since there were plenty of places for him to use tape like Spiderman. Annabeth hated spiders, but hopefully she wouldn't randomly start hating Sero too, just because he uses his quirk like Spiderman.

-----

As Soy Sauce Face commented that, a green blur shot past him. It was Deku! He was doing incredible, hopping from one pole to the other. Rooftop to rooftop. He left the people watching him impressed at his quick progress too. Katsuki was upset, but then he calmed down when he remembered what Jackson told him. 'The damn nerd is using my moves... I'll just have to practice more', Katsuki thought.

-----

Izuku was doing great in Percy's opinion, until he slipped and messed up his whole rhythm. He still got third place, but he looked upset about messing up.

Percy and Annabeth went in separate teams, both getting first. Mineta made an extremely perverted and just weird comment about Annabeth in the locker room, and Percy went into a rage. None of the other students stopped him, as they were both slightly afraid to, and thought Mineta deserved what he got.

It wasn't until Bakugou yelled, "Chase got hurt!" that Percy snapped out of it. Mineta had bruises all over his body from Percy making him hit himself.

Percy spun around and yelled, "Where is she?! What happened?!" and realized they were just trying to stop him from killing the grapist. "Oh... thanks, Bakugou."

-----

Jackson slung his arm around Bakugou's shoulder. Katsuki found the pose quite comfortable, but would never admit it. Katsuki turned red when Percy did that. Like Shitty Hair's head... At the thought of Kirishima, his palms felt sweatier than normal for some reason. 'It can't be because of Shitty Hair, it's probably because of damn Jackson.' He thought.