Chapter 3: The entrance exam

Percy was tired. For 10 months he had been constantly studying and training. Annabeth motivated him by saying that it would most likely get him on Athena's good side if he did studied, so he studied and trained as hard as he could. Being in a bad relationship with your girlfriend's mom wasn't the best thing, especially when she was a goddess. Athena was slightly kinder towards him, seeing as he, you know, jumped into the deepest and darkest pits of hell for her daughter. Athena was still wary of Percy because of his father, though.

"The code of ethics is used by all heroes when handling civilian rescue operations..." Percy mumbled. He was becoming more and more like Annabeth, which the girl in question found adorable.

Annabeth smiled at him in fondness. They had switched from physical to mental training. They were currently cramming all they could in their heads. It was all worth it though, for the exam that was coming tomorrow. They didn't necessarily need to study at all, but they needed as much time to focus on the quest instead of schoolwork during the year as possible. They were three fourths of the way through second year schoolwork.

Annabeth looked up. The setting sun cast long shadows over the ground. The moon was up, it's full shape standing out in the darkening sky.

"I think we've studied enough right? All we've done is train and train, and since the exam is tomorrow, we should take a break!"

Percy smiled at that. They pair could have had the physical and written exam months ago and passed with flying colors, but they wanted to get slightly ahead so they could worry about the quest instead of school during the school year.

"That's a great idea! I need some blue cookies now so let's go!"

He slammed the book he was reading shut. He got in front of her and slightly bent forward. Annabeth rolled her eyes and jumped on his back. She rode his back piggyback style all the way to the inside of their house. Annabeth giggled. "You know you didn't have to do that, Perce? I have the enhancement quirk now."

Percy laughed at this. "Come on, Annabeth. We both know we shouldn't get too reliant on our quirks, no matter that we get to keep them later."

-----

Wh-what?! Annabeth stared at him in shock. She couldn't even predict him saying that with her newfound intelligence. "Did you just say something smart? What has this world come to?"

Percy pouted, but Annabeth could see a hint of a smirk.

"You know I'm kidding, Seaweed Brain."

Percy smiled at that. "I know. Anyway, are you ready for the exam? We could both pass it with ease months ago, so now we're aiming for the top scores on both!"

Annabeth smirked. "Athena versus Poseidon rivalry again, huh? Second place has your name on it. Also, we're going to see that Izuku kid again!"

With the look on his face, Annabeth could tell that he had forgotten about Izuku. Even though their goal was to protect him. He smiled. "Oh, yeah! How much progress do you think he's made with One for All?"

-----

"Probably not much," Annabeth said. Percy was slightly confused at that, so Annabeth continued. "Well, he first needs to train his body to actually hold One for All. I'm assuming he's doing that by cleaning the beach, which will take him roughly all 10 months. He will be given One for All either today or tomorrow, but he still won't be able to use it too well since he's had no practice. He'll need to rely on his quirkless capabilities since One for All is still too powerful for him."

Her IQ quirk had really shown itself, and made her super smart over the months. He was used to her intelligence by now.

She gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Let's eat and then sleep early tonight. Being well rested for tomorrow is a good idea."