25. What Makes You Beautiful

Start from the beginning

"Whoa... Theo's going to kill me for this" I say to Niall, who is looking at me from the audience raising an eyebrow and laughing; "I know it is on July, and he turned three so he was born in 2013, but... it was a couple of weeks ago so..."

"Tik-tok, tik-tok"

"I'm gonna say the 17th?"

"Wrong!" Mia jumps in front of me, "It's the 16th!"

"Oh! That was so close!"

"Mia is right. This one is for you, Mia: which sentence is tattooed in Liam's left forearm?"

"'Somewhere is a place that nobody knows'!" she shouts, excited.

"Wrong!" I jump this time, laughing; "It says Everything I wanted, but nothing I'll ever need"

Her face is a complete shock when she realizes that she has mistaken.

"I was thinking about his right forearm!"

"Well, Victoria got it right" Ellen says smiling, "Victoria, who out of the band has most tattoos?"

"That's a difficult question, Ellen" I admit, "But because I have failed it before I know the right answer: it's Harry"

"That is correct! Mia! Would you like to attend the One Direction concert that will take place in your hometown, Chicago, in three days time?"

It takes her a bit to realize what Ellen said.

"That is right; we've run out of questions and you are the winner! You and two people of your choice will be attending their concert with first row tickets and exclusive backstage access!"

Mia starts freaking out. She hugs Ellen, and she hugs me. Niall and Harry come over to congratulate her and she hugs them too. Finally she goes to Val and also hugs her.

"Thank you so much! I can't believe I'm having one of my biggest dreams come true!"

Ellen calls out for a pause and turns to Mia.

"Remember the concert is on Thursday. We're just recording the show for Monday, so don't go on Monday to the stadium because you'll find no one there except for the crazy fans who have already started cueing"

"Okay" Mia laughs, "Don't worry, I'll remember it"

We talk a bit about ourselves for the rest of the show and Ellen also asks Valeria about her dream of becoming an actress, which makes me happy because I would have felt weird if there was a bit of the show that was only about me.

Once the show ends, we thank Ellen a million times and I go to Mia before leaving.

"Bye, Mia" I smile at her, "see you in a week"

"Bye, Victoria!" she answers, happily.

We exit the studios in Harry's car.

"Congratulations" he says smiling.

"Thanks" Val answers, "It's been amazing"

"Well, the best is yet to come" Niall interrupts, "We've got the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday"

"Can't wait!" Val squeals, excited.

But of course, she has to.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I can't believe this" Val says, excited, bouncing on the bed of our hotel room.

"There you go" Niall exclaims when the Ellen show is announced next on TV.

I say nothing, expectant. I already know what it's going to happen in the show, but I'm scared for no apparent reason.

Niall seats next to me, smiling and slightly nudging me.

"TCA's yesterday, this today..." Val says, "Whoever planned it wanted me to die of a heart attack"

"You handled it marvelously" Harry smiles, sitting by Val.

We did. Although I was starstruck a couple of times we acted very professionally and enjoyed every second of the show. The boys performed wonderfully and won three awards. Whenever the host announced them as winners, the cameras zoomed on Niall and me since he was sitting by my side, maybe expecting a victory kiss, but nothing happened. I was not ready for that type of PDA yet. A kiss on the cheek was all they could get, and I felt very embarrassed about it, which only caused Niall to tease me afterwards.

"So, our next guests are a pair of Youtubers. All the way from Spain, please welcome V&V!"

There's a knock on the door.

"Great timing" Niall snorts sarcastically.

"I'll get it" Harry says, jumping off the bed.

"Am I late?" I hear Liam asking from the corridor.

Him and the rest of the boys arrived on Saturday, Liam and Louis bringing their families and girlfriends with them.

"Just in time, Payno" Niall answers, "Take a chair"

"I left Sophia with my parents. They wanted to go shopping, but I couldn't miss this"

"Liam, you shouldn't..."

"Shush, Vic, I can't hear ya" Niall interrupts me pointing at the screen.

We laugh and watch the rest of the show in silence.

"Well, that was amazing" Liam is the first to talk once it has finished; "Everything went perfect! Although the questions were quite hard; I would have totally failed them"

Liam leaves short after and Niall, Harry, Val and I decide to take a walk and have dinner together.

"At what time do you leave tomorrow?"

"The plane to New York takes off at 17:00, I think" Val answers.

"We'll be leaving at that time too" Harry says.

"Yeah, but we're leaving the day after tomorrow" Niall reminds him.

So twenty-four hours apart, each of us takes a plane: Val's back home, and ours back on tour.

But a lot of things happen in those twenty-four hours.