Chapter 12: Long live the Queen

Start from the beginning

     Doc gesture for the senator to wait but he ignored him and responded to her anyway with his best attempt at ignorance "My child I don't know what you are talking about, the Dragons are creatures..."

     "Are you calling me a liar!" She grunted in anger "how dense are you, how could you miss the obvious clues..."

"Oh please, what clues?"

Doc gave up and backed away from the conversation to the other side of the table and stood next to Sage who was beaming with pride.

Teal growled at the senator "Well, to list several examples; one they understand various languages and subjects to a level higher than you teach your youth. Two they somehow manage to get out of their rooms whenever they wish..."

"That is true..." Doc nodded and started mumbling about Xerus being capable of escaping anything...

"Three they were found in a distant region that had oversized homes, buildings, and businesses. It had fields full of exotic crops, roads that stopped suddenly as if it were more useful to fly than walk and to top it all off, this region was clearly occupied but there were no people as you saw it around..."

Doc's jaw dropped "...is that true?" He barked at the senator.

"Well... I...uh..."

"Four" Teal yelled "they mate with other humanoids and often get them pregnant..." she smiled to herself as Doc collapsed into the chair behind him. "Do I need to go on Senator?"

Before the senator could answer Doc stood up and slapped the off button hard. He then turned to face Teal "Why haven't they told us" Doc's voice was soft and shaken.

     "Because they don't like your people..."

     "They don't trust you," Sage spoke up finally "Well," she added "with Knifejaw, he doesn't trust you..." she chuckled "but with Xerus, that's just for his amusement."

     "He is the king," Teal smiled back at her, "he's allowed to be an ass."

     "The king?" Doc sighed "That makes sense..."

     "Yes, and they are aware of your situation. They have kept quiet because they don't like
the dictator that is in charge. They believe that if the people don't mind being owned by his arrogant ass then they won't help."

     "What can they help with?" Doc was puzzled

     "He won't really say, he does hint that they have a natural immunity to a man-made something that is killing your people." She chuckled "he seems rather sure that you'll never find it unless you know what you are looking for."

    "Do you think you can get more information from him?"

     "I can try but I doubt it." She shrugged "he's pissed right now."

     "Why?"

     "The staff bailed on you Doc." Sage stated

     "Oh dear," he stood quickly and rushed into the zoo.

      Teal and Sage gave each other a congratulatory look and followed him. He rushed down the hall looking at the opened doors... "what?"

      "Kings orders, let them out..." Sage smiled I think they are in the flight ring."

     "Unsupervised" he turned in a hurry "they'll rip each other apart!"

     Teal smiled "that is mainly for your amusement," she grinned as he stopped and turned to look at her then she continued "they heal quickly so they don't care if they get hurt."

     "Fighting is a game to them?" He asked

     "Basically" they both answered

     "Okay final question then I will remedy this staffing situation" Doc pointed to Teal "I can understand why she is talking Sage, but why you, why now... why so suddenly are you talkative."

     Teal smiled "I'm the Kings new wife, and she is my best friend. She could get away with murder now."

     "Long live the Queen" Sage smiled

     "I doubt that Xerus is in the flight ring, not with the mood he's in." She smiled "I'll go check on him, while you two go check on the rest."

     Doc nodded and hurried off with Sage smiling broadly behind him.

     Teal made her way to Xerus's room and sure enough they were both sitting in the nest. Teal couldn't tell if they were cuddling or talking. But when they noticed her they both perked up.

     She smiled "so my King, how do we break the news to him that you have two wives not just me?" She climbed into the nest and cuddled in between them. "Since I did such a wonderful job... do I get a reward?"

Xerus cuddled her and began playing with her hair. Nyla frowned, then looked between him and Teal quickly... getting more and more annoyed.

"Relax Nyala," Teal smiled at her "all we need to do now is wait..."

Nyala smiled and immediately relaxed "See..." Teal smiled at her then kissed her nose "This is nice, can I sleep now?"

"Oh..." Doc dropped the pan he was carrying.

Both Dragons looked towards him and growled. "Play nice you two..." Teal climbed out from between them and helped Doc to clean up the pan then dump it into the trough.

Xerus continued to ham it up so Teal turned to face him "No broiling anyone today..."

He folded his arms in a pout and Nyala laughed outright causing the two to get into a slap fight than turned into a wrestling match then started to get frisky.

"Hey, I want to join."

"May I ask," Doc prodded Teal quietly "what is going on here?"

"Well, according to their customs I am both Xerus's and Nyala's wife..."

"They can pair up more than once?"

"Oh yes, a Dragon orgy is really fun actually and with them gender doesn't seem to matter like it does to your people..."

"Oh," he smiled as he processed the situation "so I need to move Nyala." He thought for a moment more "the room on the other side of this wall here is useless, I'll open it up here and create a door way so that she can be alone if she wants to."

"That works" Teal was pleasantly surprised.

Doc nodded then collected the pan and left making a mental note to replace Xerus's door yet again.

     Xerus and Nyala paused as soon as he was out of sight and scooped her up. They cuddled her down in between them and both caressed her gently and in no time she was sound asleep.