13

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: chapter thirteen ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱🗒 :: chapter thirteen ┊͙╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I'm sorry - I think my food just arrived." Yoongi's voice broke through the music that had been playing, Jeonga paused her on-beat tapping of her pen and looking up. "That or one of the other members are here, I'll just be a moment."

"Don't worry, take your time." Jeonga replied. "I'll get a drink myself." She said, and as Yoongi got up and disappeared off of screen, she pushed her chair over to the small mini-fridge that was by her desk, pulling it open and extracting one of the cans, as well as taking a pack of chips from the basket on top of it. 

Knowing her webcam didn't pan out that far, Jeonga took the opportunity and pulled the mask down off of her nose and mouth, tucking it under her chin. Opening the drink, she waited for it to stop fizzing before taking a sip, pulling the mask up and returning to her former position. 

Yoongi was still collecting his food, or talking to one of the other members. The latter seemed to be the case, considering just how long he was taking. Pulling the headphones over her head once more, Jeonga was rather surprised to still be able to hear the conversation.

"You've really got to sort out the delivery situation with security." Someone was saying, and she could hear paper bags rustling. It was bad to eavesdrop, but it didn't seem like the conversation was too serious. "This is the second time that someone else has had to bring the food up for you. First that girl and now me."

It was Namjoon, she recognised the voice now. "I know.. I keep forgetting to. I just want to get these tracks done and decide which to put on the album." Yoongi replied, his voice the usual low rumble.

"Which one are you working on now?" Namjoon asked.

"A new one. No title yet - with ECHO." Yoongi glanced back at one of the screens, which was filled with the image of Jeonga in the disguise. "I should get back." 

"Good idea, tell her I say hi - and that we should work on something soon, it's been way too long." Namjoon said, before a door could be heard closing and Yoongi returned to his seat. 

"It was Namjoon." He said, after pulling his own headphones back over his head. "He might contact you about a song soon. You don't mind if I eat, do you?"

"No not at all." Jeonga replied, reaching over and pulling out her list of project she was working on - which was still rather extensive considering that she was supposed to 'inactive' and focusing on other things. "And if you get a chance, please mention that it might be a while before I have any free time to, I'm quite busy these days." 

"Of course - I'm assuming a lot of companies have been emailing you? September seems to be a very popular comeback time." Yoongi finished his sentence with the sound of pulling a plastic lid off of his food.

"Only a few that I'm used to working with." Jeonga replied. "I've decided to focus a little more into other things I enjoy. I wasn't having a great time over the past couple of months, so I decided to take a little time off of doing major amounts of work like I used to and look into other things - all music related, of course."

"That's good." Yoongi replied, a frown appearing across his pretty. "Huh.. they forgot my drink."

"Really?" Jeonga asked. "Maybe you should try other places to order from." She said it without even thinking, bringing her knowledge of them forgetting to bring his drink before into it.

"What?" Yoongi asked. "It's only been.. two mistakes." He seemed a little confused by this, staring at his screen just a little longer than he should do. "Maybe I will." He said eventually, sure it was just a coincedence. 

Their conversation dwindled as they ate, Jeonga keeping her head bowed when she pulled the mask down to eat a chip or take a sip of her drink. It wasn't long until they deemed themselves ready to work again, and Jeonga threw herself into it with a little extra vigour.

They worked on the melody, writing the vocals, and Jeonga even disappeared into the small recording studio as night fell outside the room, samples of backing tracks and vocals being sent over email following Yoongi's relocation to the recording studios in the BigHit building. The pair worked hard, almost non-stop. It came easily to them, working incredibly well together.

It was finished by the early hours of the morning.

no one told me how lonely it is up here

[ 🪐 ]