Chapter 11: The War Turns

Start from the beginning

     "Wait a minute..." Teal interrupted "Tell them what?" She asked

"We have a natural immunity to one of the man made diseases that is rampaging though their society right now." Nyala responded

"An immunity that can only be found if you know what you are looking for." Xerus kissed Teal on the nose.

"That would mean you would have to reveal yourselves" Teal kissed him back "....doesn't it?"

Nyala and Xerus shared the same sullen look "that would mean forfeiting our upper hand."

"Not necessarily, what if they knew but couldn't prove it because you won't talk to them, because you won't respond to them, other than the same threatening way you already do." She started pacing again as the thoughts came "if you speak through say me, and they think Xerus is in charge not Nyala... Then they will assume that everyone is silent because the ruler doesn't trust them."

"I keep them guessing you mean?" Xerus smiled as he glanced at Nyala. The suggestion of being referred to as ruler over her was nearly a deadly one.

Nyala was deep in thought, processing this option "that would work," she noticed Xerus's concerned face and was puzzled for a moment until she saw his thoughts. She rolled her eyes at him then addressed Teal. "If we could confuse them of our ways that would be better than them not knowing anything... it would make them underestimate us."

"Cockiness is always a better road to a downfall than ignorance." Xerus stated.

Nyala nodded in agreement "So, Teal..." She smiled "can you do this?"

"Yes," Teal shrugged "can you get someone to unlock the door?"

"Consider it done" Xerus smirked at he leapt off the edge of the nest and changed form. He raced at the door and put his shoulder to it, the door buckled quickly than fell to pieces on the ground. He turned and smiled at the girls.

"Unnecessary, but impressive" Teal laughed as she stepped around him and over the remnants of the door. "It's best you remain in Dragon form right now." She turned and looked at them, they were nervously watching her "You two stay here, I'll go check on the rest of the building."

      Teal made her way down the hallway releasing the automatic locks that had triggered when the attack happened. Room by room she checked to make sure everyone was okay. When she got to the third door down on the left she knocked gently then unlocked the door and opened it "Sage?"

"Right here," the voice moved quickly in the dark "do you know what is going on?" Sage's voice was clearly nervous and questioning as the lights flickered on illuminating the once darkened room. Across from the door was the nest and Knifejaw. His bare skin and muscular human form showing around he edges of a too small blanket.

"I'm interrupting..." Teal blushed

"Please," Sage laughed "you're going to learn eventually that they are insatiable when it comes to the bedroom."

Teal smiled "and very good at what they do too..." she giggled "so are the females of their kind by the way."

"Two mates?" She was playfully surprised as she finished dressing.

"Yes," Teal smiled and kicked at the loose stones on the ground before looking back up at Knifejaw "I have two mates, Xerus and Nyala and we have a plan," she smiled slyly "want to help?"

"Hell, yeah." What are we doing?"

"If you are going to kill someone I want to help..." Knifejaws low bass voice boomed out as he laughed "I'm just itching to spill some blood" his eyes sparkled as he spoke. His coloring was exquisite. His skin, nearly pitch black, his eyes a metallic purple and his hair varying shades of silver. "You're staring sweetheart."

     "I can't help it" Teal smirked, "you're coloring is incredible," he smiled at her then glanced at Sage as Teal continued "I didn't think it was possible for a person's coloring to make them frightening but..."

     Sage laughed "that's not just his coloring," she ushered Teal out of the room "he try's to be frightening."

     "He succeeds, spectacularly" Teal chuckled "I'm suddenly realizing that Xerus is the class clown."

     Sage smiled "yes he is," she closed the door behind her as Knifejaw roared with laughter "Class clown with a deadly streak... I'm surprised that it took you this long to see it."

     Teal laughed "anyway, so here's what's going on and their plan..." she took a deep breath as she unlocked doors as she went by them, Sage was doing the same. "The allies of the Dragons are a bit irritated at being a continuous punching bag and have brought the war here."

     "Shit..." Sage took a deep breath.

     "The plan is to let our captures know that the Dragons are a race of humanoids that can transform..."

     "Wait," Sage frowned "isn't that giving away their ace in the hole?"

     "Not really, the agreement is that it is better to confuse them, misdirect them, leave them guessing..."

     "Okay, so how does this help?"

     "We need to get the population of our captures to turn on their arrogant dictator that is leading the attacks."

     "If we take him out the war ends, if the people take him out the war ends without hurting us..."

     "Smart, you three are a good team."

     "Here are the catches," she paused and took a breath "as far as all of them are concerned Xerus is the ruler of the Dragons."

     "Make them think they know us, but in reality they know nothing and their arrogance takes them down" She smiled "now I am very impressed."

     "So, I'm guessing with as quick as he responds Doc lives on site?" Teal looked around "even though he tries to make people believe he doesn't"

     "Yeah, his house is attached to his office."

     "So...where is Doc's office?"

     "This way..." Sage took the lead "so... what's a Dragon three-way like?"

     Teal smiled "So worth it..."