8: Sleepover (Taemin and Seungyoun)

Seungyoun was picked up by Minho at around 9am.

He was fully prepared to spend the weekend with Taemin. He even brought his coloring books to show off his new skill.

"So...what's your little space age?"

"Anywhere from non-verbal to 5 years."

"Wow."

"What about Minnie?"

"Almost the same. But he's never been past angry three-year-old."

"Haha, funny."

After driving for around 15 minutes, they arrived at the Shinee house.

Seungyoun ran inside to greet everyone.

Key was dancing to spanish music in the kitchen when the little ran in.

"Hi Seungyoun! Happy you made it here! Just in time too. I was on TikTok and learned to make birria tacos."

"Sounds good."

"I hope so..."

Onew came in with little Taemin running behind him.

"Younie!"

"Minnie!"

The two boys hugged like they hadn't seen each other in a decade. They were guided to the living room where Taemin was watching Harry and Larry on YouTube.

"I like this cartoon. Grandpa says it's for bitty babies, but I am baby so I no care."

Seungyoun watched tv as well, laughing and the rabbit and bird's antics.

His eyes were directed to the shelf by the television, where a set of albums were placed.

"Are those yours Minnie?"

"No. Mine are in my room. Those are for Uncle Hyun. I asked Mama to keep them but they said I might tear them."

"Oh, okay."

Seungyoun liked this house. It was bigger than his. He watched as the tacos made by Key were brought in. Everyone sat down and Grandpa Minho agreed to have 911 on hold in case these tacos were toxic.

Taemin was happily eating his tacos when he started to laugh.

Key looked over, "What are you laughing at?"

"Channie."

"Who's Channie baby?"

"He's friends with Yongie remember?"

Everyone stopped and looked up.

Channie.

That was NCT's Taeyong's nickname for his caregiver.

Onew looked around, "He isn't here baby."

"Yes he is. He's sitting by Mama."

Seungyoun saw him too.

Right there, next to Key. Was it a ghost? Surely not, he's not dead.

But it had been two years. Two years since the last time they were all together. Two years since anyone had seen him.

"Don't worry Channie, there's always room at the sleepover."