Halloween (1) - chapter 11

Drops of water trickle down the window as Zoey is watching them in silence. I exhale deeply and look back and forth between my friends. 

"And i was so excited that i could finally leave my house without my umbrella..." Zoey says as a gust of wind startles us. "Don't give me that look Chloe, I know you love rain. It adds to your depressed personality." She continues and makes her way towards the bed that i am sitting on.

"Very funny." I mumble and look at Diana. She is searching my wardrobe for decent clothes to wear at the party. "I think the rain is good for this whole Halloween atmosphere."

"True. And that's why Halloween is your holiday." Diana answers with a bright smile on her face.

"What is your holiday?" I ask.

"It has to be Christmas. I love the food, being with my family. The presents are the best part. Oh! And I love the Christmas songs!" She beams when she thinks about it. She stops for a second from what she's doing to stare into space for a few seconds. "I think Valentine's Day is Zoey's holiday. She has a boyfriend around that time every year." She continues and goes back to rummaging through my closet. 

"I'm excited for what Axel is going to prepare for me on Valentine's Day." Zoey says, smirking.

"That is if you guys don't break up until then." Diana tells her.

"We're not going to break up." Zoey responds, visibly angry at what Diana just said. It looks like an eye is going to pop out of his socket. "We're not."

"That's what you said about your last three boyfriends too." 

"Yeah, well, it's different with Axel." Zoey crosses her arms and stands up, going towards the window again. She's very angry when we say bad stuff about her relationship with Axel.

"It's ok, Zoey. We know you two are doing well and love each other a lot." I intervene, shooting Diana an annoyed stare when she looks back at me, hearing my words. Zoey doesn't say anything in return. 

"Anyway...I have the perfect costume for you to wear tonight. I think being a sexy pirate is going to really accentuate your unbothered, god complex that you carry around." Diana tries to change the subject.

"Just so you know, I'm not going to wear a corset." I tell her, knowing where this whole conversation is going.

"Why not? I bought the perfect one for you." She searches in one of the bags and takes out a black corset, holding it in front of me. It has different patterns on it.

"I don't even think that pirates wear corsets. How are they supposed to fight in those?" I say and take it from Diana's hands to examine it.

"Well, are you planning on fighting with your plastic sword tonight?" She asks, putting her hands on her hips like an annoyed mom.

"You never know." I shrug and smile teasingly at her.

"If you do end up punching some bad guys tonight, make sure you take your corset off first. And try not to rip it, it wasn't exactly cheap." She responds and snatches the piece of clothing from my hands. "I want it back tomorrow. In one piece."

"Jesus, i get it!" I throw my hands up in frustration, seeing that she doesn't trust me. It's a party at school, it's a crime to waste good clothes on it, but if Diana is happy seeing me wearing them, then so be it.

I roll my eyes at her gesture and lie back on the bed.

"Are you guys planning on staying a lot at the party tonight?" I ask. I think it will be a miracle if I don't get bored after half an hour.