"Stay away from him" she said - chapter 5

Mom, I'm tired
Can I sleep in your house tonight?
Mom, is it alright
If I stay for a year or two?

***

The first thing i hear is the sound of someone moving around, as well as hard and panicked breathing. I don't bother to move, so i just stay still until my mind remembers everything that has happened.

I remember falling asleep yesterday. It was only 6 o'clock and i feel like i haven't moved a muscle since. I must've been exhausted.

I take a bit of the mattress that i am lying on in my fist, trying to mentally motivate myself to wake up. I still feel tired, that's what usually happens to me when I sleep more than 8 hours.

Someone is pacing around the room and doesn't seem to stop. It sounds like they are trying to put on some clothes and they are struggling.

"What's going on?" I ask quietly in my morning voice. My eyes are still closed. It must be 5 in the morning, it feels like it.

"I have to go." I hear someone say, and that's when I recognize the voice. I remember that Tate was with me yesterday, and, apparently, he slept over. 

"Shit!" I sit up fast and open my eyes as wide as i can, the alarmed state waking me up completely. My hair is all over the place and I really need a shower. I touch my forehead when I feel another headache coming, squinting at the shallow light entering through the windows. It's still not raining, but I can see some dark clouds making their untamed appearance.

What if my mom walked in on us last night and saw Tate with me? I'm pretty sure she would've sent him home if she did, but I have every right to be nervous. It's not like we were doing anything wrong, we were just sleeping.

When I look at Tate I see him toss on the bed the pants and the shirt I gave to him yesterday, changing into his own clothes, that are now dry. He looks at himself for a second in the small mirror on my table and fixes his hair.

He takes the ladder (the one that i forgot to put back in the closet in the hallway) and starts fixing it in the right position to climb down.

"Slow down!" He's moving way too fast, way too early. When I look at the clock on my wall, I see that I was wrong. It is 7.25, and at 8 I have to be at school. Now would be a great time to skip the first class, but I know that I'm in enough shit already.

"I can't! I need to get home!" He says while whisper yelling and grabbing all of his things.

"It's not that big of a deal. You can stay and we could go to school together." I tell him while sitting up slowly. Any wrong move and my back will snap after sleeping for so long in the same position.

"My mom is going to kill me if I don't come home." He says and makes eye contact with me for the first time, while stopping from whatever he is doing to answer me with an annoyed look on his face.

"Like you give a shit about that." I narrow my eyes at him. He could try a little harder with his lies.

"I'm sorry Chloe. I have to go. I'll see you at school." He says and starts climbing down the stairs, reaching the ground shortly due to how fast and unusually eager he is.

"Yeah, in principal's office probably." I mumble to myself when he's gone.

I look out the window and see that it already started raining, and the sky makes it clear that the storm will start again sooner or later.

"Tate!" I shout after him, not too loud but loud enough for him to hear me through his hurried state.

I leave the window, open my closet and start searching for my umbrella. 

Have You Ever Seen The Rain? (Tate Langdon Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें