Stressed (F): GN Hange x GN Reader

A/N: Hi all, this is a request where reader is stressed and Hange comforts them and helps them relax.  I hope you enjoy <3

You glared at your screen, trying to figure out what assignment you should complete first. Should you focus on the exam you had in four days for that one class you despised? Or should you focus on writing the eight-page essay that was due next week? And what about all of the little assignments that were scattered here and there—article reviews, podcasts, discussion boards, the immense amount of reading you had to do in order to participate.

Your head began to pound, and you rubbed your temples, the blue light beginning to strain your eyes. You had sat in front of this computer for close to four hours now, trying to chip away at the mountain load of work you had to do.

"(Y/N)?" Hange called out, entering your bedroom. "You're still working?"

"Yeah," you sighed. "I don't even know where to begin anymore."

"Well, how about you take a small break? Or maybe even just pack it up for the night?" Hange offered, sitting on the edge of your bed.

"I can't! More than half of these are due next week," you buried your head in your hands. "There's just too much work and I can't complete it all."

Hange stood up and walked over to you, enveloping you into a hug. "It sounds to me like you need a desperate break. And that's exactly what we're going to do!"

"But—"

"No buts," Hange said, firmly. "Me and you are going to go do something fun tonight."

You sighed and watched on as Hange closed your laptop, encircling your wrist with their hand. They tugged you outside of your dark room and into the kitchen, where they sat you on the barstool.

"Alright, first we're going to grab a snack!" Hange grinned, walking over to the fridge. "What would you like to eat, dear?"

"I'm not really hungry..."

"What about something to drink?"

"Um, what about hot cocoa?" You suggested.

Hange nodded and quickly prepared two warm cups of hot cocoa, filled to the brim with marshmallows. They handed your cup to you and motioned for you to follow them outside. You held your cup closer to you, relishing the warmth emanating from it. You had no idea what Hange had planned, and you were still very stressed about your upcoming assignments, but you decided a few minutes wouldn't hurt too much.

Hange led you outside, towards the yard connected to the place you lived. It was completely dark outside, the only light coming from the lamp posts and the moonlight. You could hear a few crickets chirp in the distance and noticed a couple of fireflies lingering near the trees. You shivered, bringing your cup to your lips.

"We're going to stargaze!" Hange exclaimed, cheerfully. They plopped onto the grass, lying on their back, and patted the ground next to them.

"I really have a lot of work to do, will this take long?" You asked, skeptically.

"Don't think about your work!" Hange insisted. "Just come lie with me. The night sky always calms me down whenever I'm overwhelmed."

You laid on the grass next to Hange, carefully putting your mug to the side. Hange wasted no time in wrapping an arm around your waist, pulling you into a warm embrace.

"Aren't the stars so pretty?" They sighed.

The stars were beautiful. There were millions of them twinkling against the dark sky. You let out a small smile and cuddled closer to Hange. This was pretty nice.

"Look!" Hange pointed upwards. "Do you see those stars? Well, those are actually part of a constellation called Ursa Major."

"You like astrology too, huh?" You chuckled at their enthusiasm.

"Yes!" Hange grabbed onto your hand and pointed it towards another spot in the sky. "And that is part of the constellation Cassiopeia!"

"Wasn't she a Greek goddess?"

"Not really. According to Greek mythology, she was a queen. The constellation was named after her because of how vain and conceited she was. It's kind of shaped like a 'w', see?"

You turned over and smiled at the focused expression on Hange's face. "What's your favorite constellation?"

"Hmm, my favorite has to be (your zodiac sign)."

"Why is that?"

"Because it reminds me of you," Hange grinned cheekily.

A light blush dusted your cheeks at the sincerity in their eyes.

"Want to know something cool?" They asked, excitedly.

You nodded. "Yes!"

"Did you know that humans are literally made of the same elemental compounds as stars? We're practically made of stardust! So, whenever you're feeling down or upset about yourself, remember that you are made of the same thing that those stars are. You're beautiful and capable of just about anything!"

"Thank you Hange," you whispered. The headache you had moments ago was fading away, and you felt content lying underneath the stars with Hange.

"I know work can be stressful," Hange smiled softly, "but please don't overwork yourself, okay? You deserve to take a break once in a while. School should not be the purpose of one's life, life is meant for growth and exploration. Not cramming for exams or writing essays."

"I know...sometimes I just get caught up in it all. But you're always there to remind me to breathe," you squeezed their hand.

"And I'll always be here for you. No matter what."