Chapter 69: WITCH

Start from the beginning

Dean: (from Limbo) you guys keep looking. We'll find a way out.

Jaune: okay. Good luck.

They then left, and began to try and find their way out. As they went and fought enemies, they soon ran into a familiar face.

Dean: Kasumi?

Kasumi: (saw them) Dean? What are you doing here?

Dean: we're looking for our friends. But, why are you here?

???: now this is quite the reunion.

They look to see the source of the voice, and see it was Merlot. At the sight of the man, Kasumi immediately growled.

Kasumi: you bastard!

Merlot: now now dear. Is that any way to greet your dear grandpa?

Everyone but Kasumi: grandpa?

Kasumi: you stopped being my grandpa when you killed my parents and Sumire.

Merlot: still holding onto that? They were mere sacrifices for the higher calling.

Nero: and here I thought our family was fucked up.

Dean: that really is turning into a common theme for us.

Merlot: well, as much as I would love to talk more, dear granddaughter, I have other business to tend to. Feel free to enjoy my creations.

At that, mutated Grimm appear and the scientist took his leave. Deciding to do a close combat fight, Kasumi equips Gilgamesh while Dean gears up with Balrog. Everyone fights, and as they do, Dean and Kasumi were going back to back while fighting each other with their weapons and guns.

Kasumi: he can't have gotten far! I'll find him!

Dean: not in the time limit.

Kasumi: what limit?

Dean: the Atlas Military is prepping a bomb, and once it's in here, everything will be blasted to next Sunday. I get this is personal, but you can't risk your life like this!

Kasumi: you don't get it!

Dean: (starts trading blows with her while shooting) then help me understand, woman!

Kasumi: (shoots and fights back) he was obsessed with becoming a god. So much so, he killed his own son, along with his daughter in law and grandchild! (Locks fists in with Dean) he's the most vile kind of man! (Breaks lock) and that scumbag, is my grandfather.

Dean: well, we're more in alike then we thought. I have a dysfunctional family, too.

Kasumi: (glares while pointing Cain) and what would you know about family?! You're a demon!

Dean: (glares back) so what? Because I am one automatically means we're enemies?! Come on, Kasumi, we've known each other since we were kids! Besides, you're an Angel, so how are you different when it comes to family?

Seeing his point, Kasumi's gaze soon drops to the ground, and Dean notices its now a look of sadness. However, before any of them could respond, a loud rumbling is felt, and soon followed by a massive screech that can be heard in the whole whale.

Bayonetta: well, someone sounds cranky.

Týra: it must be Salem. Let's hurry. Dean, we might want to bring backup.

Getting her message, he shoots a quick text to his teammates, and they hurry to find their friends (Kasumi included). They find them in one of the open-air landing bays where Oscar and Emerald were with them. However, before they could make it down, the platform they were on breaks, causing them to fall. They managed to balance their landing, but resulted in all but Dean being captured by shadow Grimm hands and immobilized by sigils.