Chapter Ten

Once Y/N was escorted back to her room for the night, Nat and Wanda bathed her, dressed her, and prepared her for bed. The whole time she stayed silent. Almost as if her soul and energy had left her body just leaving a zombie like person in replacement.

Nat and Wanda were worried for their friend with the amount of information she took in for the day, but knew leaving her to rest was all they could do. Tomorrow she would have a calming day that she needed, but sleep was to come first.

Y/N was laying in bed in her nightgown, and staring up at the gold detailed ceiling still trying to sort through all the events of the day when she heard a light knock on her window.

She glanced over seeing a figure, and a small smile grew. She threw the covers over her, and tiptoed to the window not wanting to draw attention from the guards outside her door.

Sure enough, Steve was on the rooftop sitting, and staring up at the stars. Just like old times.

She opened the window carefully and Steve heard the creaking of the wood panes and stood up to help her through the opening.

She came out softly with her thin nightgown on, and they both moved to sit back where Steve was originally. He saw her shiver slightly, and took off his coat to lay on her shoulders.

 He saw her shiver slightly, and took off his coat to lay on her shoulders

"Thank you." she smiled tugging it around her form.

He nodded, and watched as she turned her attention to the stars. She closed her eyes and tilted her chin up as if taking in the moon's energy. Letting in a big breath and slowly letting it out through her lips, he watched as her shoulders relaxed some. God she was a beauty.

"So today was an absolute day from hell," she said eyes still closed.

"One way to put it." he laughed at her language changing her whole demeanor. "But I can find a few good points in it even if they turned sour at one point." he said bringing a knee up and leaning some to look at her better.

She turned and gave him a genuine soft smile before letting out a scoff, and leaning her head on his shoulder. He shifted with her and without hesitation pulled her into his side. She scooted more into him, and nuzzled her head more on his shoulder, and he rested his own head on hers. They sat there enveloped in each other staring out into the kingdoms land.

"Why can't things be this simple? This right here." she said meaning the two of them.

"I wish to God it could doll. I can stay right here for eternity if the world allowed." he sighed closing his eyes and imagining a world so perfect.

"Me too." she hummed.

A moment of silence went by as they tried taking in this moment. With their lives it could easily be stripped away in seconds.

"Steve?" she spoke up after a few minutes.

"Hmm?" he hummed running his hand up and down her arm.