12

dream didn't think something so harmless could get such backlash within a couple days.

pay_ton2: he has kids following him so why tf is his bf in THAT

lolakinnedy: that's disgusting LMFAO

delihkah12: STOPPPPPP

dream watched george sorrowfully as the brunette scanned the comments on the newest post that the blonde's managers published.

it was the picture of george in the playboy bunny suit with his hands running down dream's body.

the picture was nice, but it was pretty suggestive.

it still gave no right for people to be so harsh to the two boys.

dream knew how to deal with hate. it was common to have some haters every now and then, especially with being public about your sexuality on the internet. but it's not a problem for the blonde, he's learned to block it out and ignore the criticism.

george, on the other hand, was a small town guy who had no idea how harsh people's opinions can be.

"george, they don't mean anything," dream tried to assure him, but the brunette only kept scrolling through the toxic comment section. he made his way through each post, finding every mean comment about him and dream.

george shut off his phone, tossing it back to the blonde and leaned back on the couch with a small sigh. his face was tinted red, and he was blinking rather rapidly, like he was on the verge of tears.

"george," dream frowned, pulling himself closer to the brunette.

when he didn't respond, dream laid a hand down on george's thigh.

the brunette shot up, shoving the blonde's hand off of him as he quickly motioned himself to the bedroom they shared.

dream was left alone on the couch, watching george storm off and close the door.

"fuck me," dream muttered under his breath, gripping the phone and going to the recent post on his instagram profile.

the picture was truly stunning to him. george looked so pretty in his outfit, and the blonde looked well put together himself.

it definitely did not deserve the hate it was getting.

dream dialed some numbers in his phone, waiting for a certain someone to pick up.

"hello?" bad answered, his voice gruff from tiredness, dream guessed.

"hi, bad, it's dream. i had a request, if you aren't busy."

the other end was silent for a moment, like he went on mute, before his voice returned. "sure, make it quick."

dream let out a breath, trying to calm his nerves. he'd never complained about a post before, so he wasn't sure how bad would react.

"can you take down the recent post? i don't appreciate the response to it, and neither does george."

"what? dream, that post is getting the most attention so far," bad scoffed. dream could tell he was rolling his eyes on the other end.

"but bad, it's negative attention," the blonde reasoned.

"dream, attention is attention. we can't take that post down. even if we did, people already have it saved in their camera rolls or something and will repost it in a heartbeat when they find out that it's gone," bad replied, more stern then before.

dream held back a retort, biting his tongue.

"fine, thanks anyways," he grunted, hanging up the phone.

great, now bad thinks he's an idiot and the post is still there.

he was right, though. many people probably already have the picture saved somewhere. his crazy fans would repost it in a heartbeat, dragging him into a scandal of some sort.

the blonde pushed himself off the couch, steadily making his way to the bedroom. he opened the door slowly, allowing george time to deny his access.

but he didn't, and dream slipped in bed next to him, lying down beside the brunette as they stared at the ceiling. it reminded dream of when they watched the stars together, except this time they only looked at the popcorn ceiling with the air growing heavy around them, and the gap of skin contact was much larger then before.

dream extended his hand to rest on top of george's. he felt the boy begin to pull back, but decided against it and kept his hand under the blonde's.

"i'm really sorry, george. i tried to get bad to take it down, but he reasoned with me and there is no way we could get rid of it," dream spoke quietly, waiting for any sudden movements or response from the brunette.

george only shrugged, eyes still glued to the ceiling.

"if it makes you feel better," dream began, testing the waters, "i thought you looked amazing in that picture."

george turned his head with a glare, but when he met dream's sympathetic eyes, his gaze softened.

"did you really?" he asked lightly.

dream smiled, nodding his head as he gazed lovingly at the brunette beside him. "i really did. i still do."

george gave a small smile as a tiny tear rolled down his cheek. he quickly turned his head, facing the ceiling and quickly wiping the tear.

"oh george," dream frowned, pulling the boy over to his body. "please don't cry."

george sniffled under the blonde's protective arms. dream felt wet tears hit his skin.

"shh, i promise you don't need to listen to the haters. people will always criticize what they're jealous of, i've learned it the hard way," dream whispered softly, rubbing his arm up george's side to help calm him down.

the brunette only nodded his head, holding back his emotions.

"george," dream turned the boy to face him.

the brunette opened his eyes, meeting dream's worried gaze.

"do you still want to do this? we- we can stop if you want. you don't need to feel forced-"

"yes," george replied quickly, cutting dream mid-sentence. "i don't feel forced, dream, it's just a lot to take in at once."

the blonde nodded his head. "it is, i know. but that's why i'm here. i've been through it already, so i can help."

george gave a smile before curling back into dream's body, resting there in his warmth until they both grew quiet and their breathing lined up with each other's.

"dream?"

dream tilted his head. "yeah, george?"

"what's your real name?"

the blonde's expression widened at the sudden question, but it fell relaxed as he felt the brunette wrap his own arms around dream's.

with a warm kiss to the boy's neck, dream replied to his question in a small whisper.

"clay, my name is clay."