10

the next week was weird. it was shy, awkward and too boring for the boys to handle.

dream wanted to be close to george, to feel his body and hear his voice clearer and closer. but george seemed more distant, more closed up.

the blonde didn't know what he did to make him so tucked away. he figured that after all of the casual touching from their fake dating, they could just act almost the same as before with no problems.

but george wouldn't even look at dream for more then 5 seconds.

so when bad called and asked for dream to do more with george and involve the brunette with his fans, the blonde knew it would only get more complicated from here.

"dream, i need more involving you and george. the internet loves it, they're practically heads over heels for you two. especially george, they love him."

the blond rubbed his temples, the phone hot against his ear. "bad, i don't know. me and george are kind of in a weird situation right now."

bad's sigh was heard from the other side of the phone call. "then you better figure it out because i'm expecting both of you back here by tomorrow afternoon."

with that, the call hung up, leaving dream to groan at the beeping sound that rung through his ears.

of course dream didn't want to force george into anything, but what was he supposed to do? how would the brunette react? he obviously seems to be done with dream and his internet fame, and he's only still living there so he wasn't on the streets.

the blonde stood from where he sat at his desk, treading to the kitchen.

george sat on the bar stool, his elbows resting on the counter as he scrolled mindlessly through his phone.

he looked calm, lost in his own mind of thoughts.

dream grabbed a glass, pouring himself some water before standing on the other side of the counter where george sat, taking small sips of the drink.

the brunette paused his scrolling, looking up past his hair that had fallen over his forehead and staring at the blonde. "yes?"

"i can't chill here with you?" dream pushed, raising a brow.

george bit his cheek, setting his phone down. "i didn't say that, you just never come over and just stand here."

dream shrugged his shoulders. "i guess not."

they eyed each other curiously, waiting for someone to keep the conversation rolling.

"ehm-" dream cleared his throat, holding his glass in front of him on the counter top. "i actually needed to talk to you about something."

george peered at the blonde. "go on."

"listen, i don't want to force you into this, so if you don't want to, just say so," dream began, tripping over his words as he ushered them out quickly.

george nodded his head, following along with his words.

"bad called and he said the fans love you. they- they love us- together."

"i mean, i figured they would. but what does that have to do with anything?" george asked, tilting his head at dream's unsteady breathing.

"uh, bad wants us to do more shoots. also, he wants us to be more... public? like, outside of just photo shoots."

george only nodded in thought as dream rambled.

"he said that relationships on the internet usually have leaked photos and stuff- therefore he wants more of that, i believe," the blonde finished, letting out a heavy breath.

"so you're saying you want to continue the fake dating? for longer then just a week?" george asked slowly, considering the idea in his head as he spoke.

dream gave a small nod.

"how long would it be for this time?"

the taller sighed, looking down at his hands that rested on the counter beside his glass of water.

"as long as you want it to?" dream breathed, raising his gaze back up to the brunette's.

george went quiet, closing his eyes and thinking about how he should answer.

he enjoyed the blonde's affection, that wasn't a lie. he wanted to go back to being touchy and flirty with dream, he really did. george just figured that once the week was over, all of it was over. the casual flirting, the hand holding, the secret touches and intimate photo shoot poses.

but now, it had a chance to not truly be over. they could keep this up for as long as george was comfortable with it.

and oh god, george was dying to be that close to the blonde again. whether he realized it or not.

with a final small sigh, george reopened his eyes to meet dream's pleading gaze from above him.

"let's do this."