66- bloodied crown

Start from the beginning

Violet sat up immediately, her chains making a rattling sound. 'Tony' as Ember would now call him closed the door. The key sagging in his pocket. He stared at the two women, "Do you have an issue with me being here?"

Violet opened her mouth to rebuttal but immediately closed it, remembering Ember's advice. He tapped his foot impatiently. "This would be a lot better if you actually spoke, girls."

"I'm not gonna answer to you," Violet muttered, staring at him with a scrunched nose. Her freckles played out on her face like stars but barely noticeable in the light.

He laughed loudly, "But you already have, haven't you, Violet. Say, Ember... Should I put Miss Rodrigeuz under the same torture you went under? It would help keep her mouth shut wouldn't it?"

Violet's head shot up from its slouched position. Her eyes shooting between Ember and Tony. "No!" Ember snarled. "If you hurt anyone here, it's me. I'm the one that's gonna know stuff. You wanna know about the order but yet you get a muggle? If you really wanted the so-called information you would need to let her go."

"You really think I'm gonna fall for that, Ember?" He cackled. "I can't let a muggle into the world after knowing all of this!" He bent down to take her face in his hands, squishing her cheeks painfully. "Violet isn't here for you to make friends with. She's here as a compromise. Crucio."

"NO!" Ember screamed, kicking Tony to the best of her ability. Violet's screams echoed in her ears, tears forming in her eyes. "Take it off of her you sicko!"

Ember's lip trembled as Violet seethed on the floor, her body shaking in agony. The screams that left the seventeen-year-old's mouth breaking the blonde's brain in tiny chunks. She felt like throwing up from watching. "Stop it. Stop. I'll tell you anything." Ember breathed, discuss layering her voice.

Tony smirked, raising his wand and removing the curse from Violet. She gasped, bringing her hand to her mouth and belching out whatever food she had left in her system. Coughs left her mouth as she backed away far as she could.

"Tell me everything you know. Potter. Tell me what the order has planned, no lies."

Ember stayed quiet for a moment, glancing over to the trembling Violet. All she needed to do was get Tony out of their celler for as long as possible. Enough time for Ember to try and help Violet in any way she could and hope for the order to come.

"Times ticking." He growled plainly. Ember bit her lip and let her brain run wild. There had to be a lie she could tell. She wouldn't let Violet get hurt again-

"Crucio!"

(Mentions of suicide mentioned in these paragraphs, please skip them if it's a bother to you <3 /lh )

But it wasn't Violet; the pain shook through her fingertips, rattling down her spine. She had almost forgotten how much it shook her up and how badly she wanted to die. This time there was no Harry or James. She just saw black. Her vision faded with fatigue from the pain and the screams she wasn't letting out. It angered him that the curse barely bothered her.

It did, though. Never had Ember wanted to die more. She hated the pain. She hated everything about it. The grasping feeling of blood that never came to tell her it wasn't just her imagination making the pain. She had done it once, she told herself. She could do it again. But, with each second that passed, she doubted herself more.