"Mhm?"

"I got it! The thing..." he looked around as if someone was listening in to their conversation. "ya know... the thing."

"What!" She gasped, jumping up to hug him. Her hands were around his neck, his on her waist. She had felt the small stumble on his face as it scratched her skin. "How were you able to get it?"

"I had to fight like seventeen five-year-olds, but I got it!" He smiled. It had been a while since Ember had seen him so happy. He always seemed to be in a little bubble since his parents passed. He only popped the bubble when he was only around Ember. He didn't need to be strong around her, he had no barriers around her, and no secrets.

"Oh, he'll love it, James. Everyone knows how much he likes them." Ember said, cleaning up Harry's face. "They're coming over in two days and then we have to go to the White estate tomorrow... We have it out for us, darling."

James shrugged his shoulders, "I can deal with it. I'm just happy I was able to get this" He grinned, raising the signed Queen poster. "Right, I'll get started on the presents. Want to lay Harry down and help?"

She looked up and nodded, "Give me a second."

Harry went down without his usual fight, falling asleep quickly. He slept in the nursery now so there was no need for James and Ember to talk in hushed voices while they wrapped the millions of presents.

James had gone a bit overboard with them, buying gag gifts for his friends along with a real gift. He only followed Ember's list when it came to the girls and her family. In no way would he want to embarrass himself in front of them; sure, he an ember were married but Aries, Riley, and Skylar were all quite scary people.

"Really?" Ember snorted, holding up a lacey bra, "Why does this say it's for Peter? You know Erick will be there, right?"

He laughed, taking the bra. "It's for worm tail because I know he'll get flustered with Hailey being there n' all." He beamed, referencing Peter's partner, Hailey. The adorable Gryffindor in their year found Peter memorizing. Ember gave him a look that told him to, 'leave the poor boy alone before I uppercut you.' "Hey! It's all for shits and giggles. You know how Peter's been recent, it'll make him feel better. Who knows, it may help his mom."

"Why would his mom need a lacey bra? I don't think the woman is getting laid anytime soon. Ninety-percent sure she's like 60, James." She said, putting Lily's candles in an old box.

He rolled his eyes and swatted her hand away from the one roll of tape the two were sharing. "I need that... and no. Miss. Pettigrew is 79. Close, but so far. And who knows? Maybe she's getting it after the divorce?"

"James... They've been divorced since Peter was three..." Ember sighed, standing up and wiping off her jeans. "Anyway, I'm going to sleep. You can keep wrapping but I am tired. Don't be too loud. I love you." Ember kissed him quickly before hopping into bed, falling asleep with the image of the annual Christmas celebrations. But this year, there will be one new person to hang an ornament on the tree.

🖇

Every year, at least since Ember could remember, her family would save one ornament to hang on Christmas Eve. It was always the same ornament. They never had any special meaning, just that they picked it out during their first Christmas.

With Aries being born in December, he didn't quite get to do it on his first Christmas. Instead, he did it on his second and picked out a bright blue train that had lost its color over the years, becoming more of a pale purple. Little Skylar had picked a cloud. Everyone found it ironic considering her name was Skylar. Finally, Ember being the youngest had her siblings telling her what to pick. According to her parents, she was going to pick the yellow sun Aries was holding in her face, but the strawberry caught her eye.

When a new addition came into the family, they got to pick an ornament. Considering there was a box full of them that were never hung, there was plenty of options. Genny picked out a little eagle. Illa, their amazing daughter, picked out a shiny painter's pallet. James of course selecting a broom. And then Kelsey selecting a cute tiger.

"Is Harry gonna partake in the ornament selecting?" Marci asked, handing her daughter a knife to cut some ham.

Ember nearly scoffed, thankfully catching herself before she could scoff in front of her mother. "Of course he is, mum. It would be a crime if he didn't."

She nodded, a smile on her face. "I'm proud of you, Em. I know I say it a lot but I really am. I mean here you are, a husband, an adorable son, and an amazing job and all at twenty. You're so young and yet so successful." Marci said as she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't tell anyone, but you're definitely my favorite."

The blonde laughed, swatting her mom away. "I will forever rub that into Skylar. She needs to be humbled."

"I told you that in confidence!" Her mom giggled and moved the knife away from Ember's hand. "I don't want you to get cut."

"Ember!" Illa yelled, running up to hug the woman. Ember laughed as she hugged her and picked her up from the cold tiles, spinning her around. The girl giggled loudly, throwing her head back. "Guess what?"

"Well, I have no idea, what?" The blue-eyed girl asked, trying her hardest to match the girl's happy personality.

"Harry is so adorable! He did try to bite me though but then Uncle James gave him a toy and he stopped." Illa smiled, brushing Ember's wavy hair back. "He's also very tiny."

She nodded, "he'll get bigger but for now, he's tiny. Can you go get your mommy and mama? Harry needs to pick out an ornament like you did."

Illa nodded, falling out of Ember's arms effortlessly. "Can I help him? I promise I won't pick it out for him." She asked, rocking back on her feet.

"Of course you can, babe. Now, get your moms please?"

Ember took Marci's arm, going into the living room where everyone sat. James, Kelsey, and Aries on the couch. James holding Harry and Aries's arm over Kelsey. Skylar and Genny were speaking to Riley and Illa, near the window.

"Okay!" Marci called out, getting everyone's attention. "Time for Harry to pick out an ornament. Illa, sweetheart come help. Ember and James, lead the way."

"Look Harry, if you pick out a di-" Ember began to say, immediately stopping when she realized Illa was there. Also when she saw her mom's glare. Sheepishly, she scratched the back of her neck and said, "Sorry mum. Its an Instinct."

Ignoring the red rising quickly to her face, she helped harry stand up as he began to stare at the dumped box of various ordiments. Everyone watched as he picked a brown stag.

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

hELLO! so yes... this chapter is short but that's just because the next one is pretty long... and then we have a short one... and then the longest chapter with like 3000 words so yeah :)

Last happy chapter for a while aha

GOODBYE! ASHLEE OURT