Chapter 18 - The True Answer Arc

Começar do início

Toko: Ugh, you s-stink! Are you rotten?! Rotten ph-physically, mentally, every way you can b-be rotten! This smell is s-so...smelly! Ahaha! Super smelly! You smell even w-worse than me! Way worse than m-me! I win.

Y/N: They sure broke the mould when they made that one...

Kyoko: There's no time to indulge in an extended happy reunion. We need to explain to everyone what happened with Monokuma.

Byakuya: Explain what?

Hiro: But is it okay that you're here? What if the mastermind catches you?

Kyoko: That's related to what I have to tell you all.

Makoto: I need to tell you all about...the last class trial.

Hina: Last class trial?

Y/N: What we're trying to say is that we have one final trial on our docket.

Chihiro: What!? Seriously?!

Hiro: What's the point of redoing it? Makoto killed her, right?

Kyoko: Makoto isn't the killer. And of course it's not me or any of you.

Celeste:  So what she's saying is, it was all the work of the mastermind, correct?

Mukuro: What? You're saying the mastermind killed the seventeenth student?

Kyoko: That's right. It was all an elaborate trap contrived by the mastermind. Makoto spotted the trap in time, and did what he had to to stop it. But his decision meant that *he* would be the one to die.

Byakuya: You spotted the trap, did you Makoto?

Makoto: You make it sound like it was easy. I just, ya know-

Y/N: But executing Makoto, who wasn't the blackened, is a clear violation of the school regulations. The rules state that only the blackened is to be executed. The mastermind broke their own rules. 

Kyoko: Which is why us three went and negotiated with them to have the trial one more time.

Hina:, And the mastermind agreed?! Does that mean they really did break the rules?

Byakuya: They had no choice but to agree. You used the TV broadcast to gain the leverage you needed, didn't you?

Kyoko: Very observant of you.

Byakuya: I recall what you said at the end of the last trial... When you said "Now it's the mastermind that's ensnared," that's what you were referring to.

Hiro: Hey! I'm totally in the dark here!

Celeste: For anyone who doesn't understand, you can ask Kyoko to explain it again. Later.

Makoto: Listen. If we get to the bottom of what this school's all about, we all go free! No clue how we're gonna pull it off. 

Y/N: Who cares? Working together is gonna improve our chances, right? 

Kyoko: Anyway, at this point the only way for us to survive is to unravel the truth.

Byakuya: In other words, one decisive final battle. A rather interesting development, I'd say.

Hina: But figuring out who the mastermind is, AND how they killed the student, AND all the school's mysteries? It's a pretty tall friggin' order.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

Ahh, this is a school announcement. You've all probably figured this out by now, but at this point, the killing game has now entered the True Answer Arc. So in the name of fairness, I will unlock every room in the school! Look wherever you want! Solve the mystery in whatever way you see fit! Puhuhu... Then we can all meet up at the class trial, okay? Gaahahaha! Ahahaha!