Chapter 9.5 - The King and Queen of Despair

Junko POV

2 YEARS AGO...

Y/N: I'm bored, my love. Very, very bored.

In my eyes, he is the perfect human. Strong, tall, dominant. And the size of his co-

Y/N: Are you even listening to me, Junko?

Junko: Yes, of course, my king. And I am finished.

???: PLEASE LET ME GO! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Y/N lifted the nobody into the air, the flame in his eye now a blood red instead of his usual purple. The despair has sunk in. Hell, it had sunk in ages ago.

Perfect, just like my King.

Y/N: Who are YOU to speak to us like that? We own this world, and you dare to shout at us?!

Junko: I dunno. Should we just let him go?

Y/N looked to be pondering for a minute, but he brutally twisted the neck and body of the nobody, and then ripped his guts out. Oh I love it when he gets violent, it turns me on so much.

Y/N: Stop thinking like a slut. I can tell you're aroused, you don't have to show me.

Junko: Oh you know me so well, my love. Maybe later I can...

Y/N: Hmmmm... you can later. For now, I shall check on the children. 

Junko: Of course, after all they are the next generation of Ultimate Despairs. You have to educate them right? RIGHT?!

Y/N: Why, of course! Who else could teach the future of Despair then The Monarchs of Despair themselves? Plus, I like it when they call us Big Sis Junko and Big Bro Y/N. That green-haired girl Monaca. She looks like the next leader. Shame about her brother, he's been a tough nut to crack. I've had to break his arm and everything, but he still refuses to tell us where the Resistance is. He will talk soon enough, and then he can be converted.

Junko: But he is a bit of a pedo. I don't think you should, gives us bad PR.

Y/N: He's a paedophile? Why didn't you say so earlier?! Well, it seems his other arm will be broken, and his...assets will be fed to him. Through a straw. Now, I am parched. Servant, bring me a drink...in my FAVOURITE cup.

The servant, whose name was apparently Nagito, simply nodded and went to fetch some water. Y/N went back to his throne and sat down. A beautiful throne of skulls. Oh, my King has such good taste. Really improves the Feng Shui of the room, whatever that means. We stared out of the window, at the most simply wonderful view.

The world was burning. To be honest, we could burn a few s'mores on the massive fires outside. My little Monokumas were running riot, brutally slaughtering the last remnants of hope. It was...beautiful. At that moment, the white haired freakazoid Nagito came in front of the thrones, and presented the drink to Y/N. It was in his favourite cup, and it was a great one. Oh you want me to tell you what it was? Well since you asked so nicely, I'll tell you.

It was a skull, but anyone's skull. This was a special someone's skull. This was the skull...

Of the one and only Jin Kirigiri, headmaster of Hope's Peak.

Oh! Speaking of Hope's Peak, I've had a most interesting idea...

Junko: Y/N, my King. I have an idea. You know how the pitiful remnants of our class? They've shut themselves in Hope's Peak. And I wanna spice things up a bit!

Y/N: What do you mean, my Queen?

Junko: Do you remember someone called Yasuke Matsuda?

Y/N: You mean the Ultimate Neurologist?

Junko: That's the one! So according to my little birdies, he's done an experimental treatment that can repress a person's memories. Why don't we try something with it?

Y/N: What do you have in mind? Also, won't Yasuke try to stop you, my Queen?

Junko: Oh don't worry, I killed him a while ago, when I was impersonating as Ryoko.

Y/N: Ok, and what does this have to do with this idea of yours?

Junko: Well, why don't we use it on our classmates, and then we make them turn against each other and make them kill each other! Wouldn't that be fun?! In fact, maybe you could join!

Y/N: That sounds...interesting. And what about you? Will you be joining me, my Queen?

Junko: Unfortunately not. I have to orchestrate this entire time. The proverbial mastermind, so to speak.

Y/N: But won't they know you're not there? After all, you are the Ultimate Fashionista. Surely, someone will notice your beautiful self is not there.

Junko: Don't worry. My useless twin sister Mukuro can take my place. No one would care if she was there...or if she died.

Y/N: That is true. I would never love her as much as I do you, my Queen. Even if my memory is wiped, I will come back to you, as reign by your side once again. That is a promise I tend to keep. Now, how about we get out of here?

Junko: Really? Why do it there when you can do it here? Servant, close the door and lock it. Me and my King are going to be here for a while....

Nagito: Well I hope you have a good time.

Y/N: Care to repeat what you just said?

Nagito: I said...have a good time!

Junko: Well, I coulda sworn I heard the H word come from that disgusting mouth of yours. Are you sureeeee?

Nagito: Im su-URGHHH!

My King dragged this pitiful servant to our thrones and make him kneel.

Y/N: Don't you DARE talk back to my Queen like that! One more word out of you and I will tie you a tree and rip your lungs out and spread them on your back like an eagle's wings! Are we clear?!

Nagito: Very clear, Your Majesty. Now, have a good time...

He walked to the door, closed it and locked it. Without any prompt, I dived on him, crashing my lips against him.

Y/N: I will miss you, my Queen. I will miss everything about you...

PRESENT DAY

How I miss him so. Even though I watch him through the cameras and talk to him via Monokuma, I miss so. I can't hug him, I can't kiss him, I can't show my love to him. I can't do anything to show my eternal and undying love for him. He saved my disgusting twin from the despair of letting me watch her die a horrible and gruesome death. He's giving them...HOPE. The real Y/N L/N, the one who loved me. The most triumphant third of the triumvirate that are the Ultimate Despairs.

My King of Despair.

You will remember, and you will come back to me. It is...inevitable.

*****

Sorry if this chapter seems a little short, this is just a little side-chapter showing the relationship between Junko and Y/N before the Killing School Life started. Still, Chapter 10 will be out as soon as possible, as this really 9.5, but thank you guys, gals and non-binary pals for reading and I'll see you next time.

-B