Chapter 15 - The Seventeenth Student

Y/N POV

Makoto: What the hell is going on?!

GJ: Kyeeehahaha! I told ya, there's a corpse hangin' out here!

Hina: Are they really...dead? Is this really a dead body...?

Celeste: We need to begin looking around right away. However... Be ever so careful. There's no telling what you might find.

Y/N: We need to find out who this actually is... But there's no way to tell with the mask covering their face like that. And the white coat they're wearing makes it impossible to tell anything about the body itself.

Byakuya: Their heart isn't beating, they're not breathing, all signs of life have come to a complete stop... Thanks to the knife that's been driven into their stomach, their clothes are stained a bright pink. It appears the bleeding has stopped, but the blood that's there is still wet. Be careful you don't touch it and get some on you.

Hiro: Dude, I can't even tell if it's a guy or a girl.

Hina: Don't be an idiot. I'm pretty sure it's a girl. the outline of her chest. The general shape of the body... Yeah, the more I look, the more I'm sure it's a girl.

GJ: Kyeeehahaha! Let's look! Let's just tear the mask clean off!

Mukuro: Wait, don't-!

But by the time she called out, it was already too late. Toko's hand shot out toward the mask. And in the next instant...

*KABOOOOOOM!!*

There was a blinding light, and a deafening roar. The body...blew up. It blew up! The upper half of the body was now on fire!

Y/N: What kind of sick bastard would rig a body to explode?!

Byakuya: Damnit! There goes our evidence! We need water immediately!

We all rushed to fill water buckets. By the end, the fire had been doused, leaving behind only the unpleasant smell of burning.

Chihiro: Well, we put the fire out at least.

Hiro: Yeah, but what the hell, man?

Celeste: I...had a bad feeling about that body. But I never imagined it would explode... And now the body...

Hiro: It's burnt to a crisp! That's beyond well done, man!

Hina: Don't compare it to a steak! I'll never be able to eat steak again!

Makoto: But now that the body's charred, I really have no idea. How are we gonna find out who it was?

Y/N: Who isn't here right now? If we consider who's not here, that will quickly narrow down who it must be.

Chihiro: There's only one person missing...

Hiro: It's...Kyoko.

Makoto: K-Kyoko?! Then that dead body...is Kyoko? No! That can't be right!

Byakuya: Calm down. I didn't say it was Kyoko.

Mukuro: But, I mean...who else?

Byakuya: There *is* one other person. The mastermind.

Chihiro: What?!