Chapter 5 - Death of an Idol

3rd Person POV

Y/N woke up frustrated.

That damn bear.

Y/N checked the clock. 6:45am. 15 minutes before the morning announcement. Well, Y/N thought, may as well go to the dining hall. Y/N was in no mood to meditate today. The memories of yesterday still hung heavy over him like a spectre.
Master Kojiro, dead.
The Twin Mountains Temple, reduced to nothing but ash.
That bear would pay for it, whatever it took. Even if it meant that Y/N would give up his own life. As Y/N walked into the dining hall, someone was already there.

Taka.

Taka: Ah, Y/N! A very fine morning to you! You are early today, much better punctuality. I expect this from you everyday from now on!

Y/N: I'm sorry, but can you just be quiet, Taka? It's way too early for your Captain Pep-Talk gimmick. Also, how long have you been here?
He yawned and stretched out his arms. He hadn't even sat down and already he was being mithered.

Taka: Since 4:00 am sharp!
He puffed his chest out, and beamed with the biggest smile Y/N had seen for a long while.

Belial: Why would someone be so proud to wake up at cockcrow? He really is an annoying mortal.

Y/N probably wouldn't have phrased it like that, but he agreed on the general gist of it. Y/N sat down and slumped onto the chair, putting his feet up. Of course Taka, someone who could probably remember the rulebook down to the punctuation marks, took offence to it.

Taka: Y/N! Take your feet off the table this instant!

Y/N: Why?

Taka: Because it is bad manners to slouch!

Y/N: Listen, I'm gonna try and phrase this in the nicest way. But can you please just shut the he-

???: It's rude to raise one's voice, is it not?

Taka and Y/N looked over to see Celeste, who had obviously just entered.

Taka: Good morning Celestia! I hope you slept well!

Celeste: It was nice I must admit. What about you, Y/N? How did you sleep?

Celeste strolled over to the table and sat down opposite Y/N. He rubbed his nape and looked away, trying to hide the blush.

Y/N: It was alright. Well the best I could given what's going on am I right?

Celeste: That is quite true. After all, surely the fact that someone could die at any moment plays with one's mind. After all, it may be yourself who perishes.

Celeste leaned slightly over the table, in a somewhat threatening manner.

Celeste: Y/N darling, may I ask you a question?

Belial: This could get interesting, considering her personality.

Belial began to drum Y/N's gloved hand on the table, making the claws extend ever so slightly, the feeling of suspicion flooding over Y/N like the Nile.

Y/N: Sure what is it?

Celeste: How did you gain such...power? I've never seen such power, and it is...impressive to say the least.

Y/N: If I gave you the real reason, I'd have to kill you I'm afraid. So all I can say to you is that a summoning went wrong.

Celeste giggled, putting her hand with the claw accessory over her mouth.

Celeste: You certainly are an enigma, Y/N dear. I will not press into the matter further, unless of course you want me to.

Celeste seductively said, before placing her hand on his clawed hand, still drumming on the table. Y/N flushed as red as the colour red could be, before quickly moving his hand away. He did it so fast he managed to fall over, hitting the back of his head on the floor.