"Don't be sad! Let's go to the art studio!" He smiled to cheer me up. Grinning we sprinted for the font door and made our way to the stairs. Carefully climbing up when we got to the top we smiled at one another before going in. Doing a small bit of cleaning we were able to find some left over supplies.

"How about we draw one another?" River suggested.

"Why not!" I smiled. As we began i paused so I could play some music when Still into you began playing from Paramore.

Can't count the years on one hand
that we have been  together

"I need the other one to hold you, Make you feel make you feel better!" I began to sing as I continued the doodle of River I had started.

Cause after all this time I'm still into you. Should be over all the butterflies!

"But I'm into you, I'm into you." I could hear River mumble under his breath.

Recount the night that I first met your mother

"And on the drive back to my house, I told you that, I told you that I loved ya" I sang out loud who he'd caused River to laugh and shake his head at me. Hearing the song fade out we waited for the next one after the ad. And then all I had to hear was the first second of the automated voice.

Wasting your time
Your wasting mine

"NO NO NO!" I shouted and slapped the next button.

Oh honey pie
You're making me crazy

"Cause I ain't never liked sweets until you sugarcoated my teeth." I sang along.

"My hearts about to combust." River sang.

With a Sugar rush

After a handful of other songs we both finished. Turning to show one another's I smiled as I saw an adorable cartoony me.

"I you know this isn't my thing." He said as he scratched his neck.

"It's adorable!" I smiled.

"Good thing we finished the suns going down." River said as he pointed out the window. Hearing that I got up to go walk to the fire escape we came from. Sitting down I dangled my legs down. I watched the sun slowly set as River came to sit in the same position as me.

"Aren't you happy I didn't ignore you." I laughed.

"What are you talking about?" He questioned at the random comment.

"Back on the first day. I could've ignored your note."

"But you didn't?"

"Yup!"

"Why?" He asked, I paused to find a response.

"The real question is why did you throw the note?"

"Because you looked interesting."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You didn't seem like a bitch, you looked like a fun person."

"Bold of you to assume!" I huffed out and crossed my arms

"Oh shut up!" He laughed and hit the back of my head.

"I could've fallen!" I complained.

"But you didn't!" He refuted.

"You're such an idiot!"

"And idiot who you can't hate!" He smiled which caused me to roll my eyes. We fell into a silence after that. I could tell there was something on his mind but I didn't want to pry. After a while he sighed and finally spoke up.

"I think it's time I tell you everything..."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a lot I've been holding back.. and I think you need to know.."

"And that is?" I asked worried it's something bad, he paused for just a second.

"To start things off I lied to you in that note."

"What?"

"Neither Atlas nor Apollo watched any of your friends. I saw their names on something on your bag. I went home and got them to watch them with me."

"I-"

"I just needed an excuse to talk to the cute girl across from me." And as I heard him say that my face went flush as I knew where this was about to go.

"And as we got closer I was really happy to have a friend. But the more and more I saw of you I.. idk I began to want to talk more and more. When all of that stuff happened to your dad and you stopped being yourself it hurt me to watch. I missed the girl I use to know. I began to watch your videos and I saw what you and Tubbo had, and I got jealous. I realized what has been as clear as day from the beginning." As the words came out of his mouth the remaining bit of sun had left. The only thing shining is the stars.

"I like you Y/n." I felt my heart fall.

"R-River.. I... Your amazing but-"

"I know. It's Tubbo who has your heart I just had to let you know." He said as I saw a tear drip and I quickly wrapped my arms around him into a hug. That's when everything just started flowing out. "It's so hard to watch the one you love most not smiled the same way as you smiled at them." He cried out.

Holding him tight just to let him know I'm here and listening. River is my best friend, he's always there and knows a lot about me. He's considerate and caring, but I can't see him as anything more then that. A friend. Once he stopped he said he had to be along which I nodded. Grabbing out stuff we climbed down and gave one another one last hug before separating. Arriving home I walked into another mess.

"Mother you know that this is important to me!" My father shouted.

"How would you know! You can't remember shit!" She shouted.

"It's something I can feel! I may not be able to remember that child but there's something that tells me that she was and is my everything!"

"I thought we would be able to fix you but I guess even memory problems can't help!" She shouted as she stomped off to the door. Scoffing she walk past me with her husband right behind, the man looking more tired then anything else. Looking to my fathers we made contact. Dropping everything I ran into their arms.

His warmth was back.

1539 words

______________________
Gosh so many things to say today. Hi yes I came on here to say that SOAB will be updated ever 3 days now. Somehow I messed up my schedule but now I know that shouldn't happen. Enjoy the more frequent updates!

Anywho I wanted to come bother you guys and see if you all wanted at discord? @amhomo was the one to ask if there was one so now I ask dearest reader would you want a discord server?