A heart to heart

Cracking my eyes open I see the sun shining in. Hearing Tommy groan I turned to grab my phone. Checking the time I decided to get up. Changing into some different clothes Tommy and I finally left our rooms. Going downstairs I saw everyone sitting around the couch chatting to chat.

"Hey look it's Tubbo!" Wilbur shouted I'm guessing to change topic.

"Hello." I groaned still tired.

"Um Tubbo I've been informed that you, Tommy, and Mint were being really dumb? Elaborate?" Techno said more curious then concerned.

Ignoring him I come to sit next to Phil. Looking at my phone I scroll through Twitter for a little before I hear Mint make her way down.

"Will's live!" Everyone practically shouted to warn her.

"K!" She shouted before passing turning round I see she has her hood pulled up so no one will be able to see her face.

"I'm starving! Can we order food?" She asked.

"Yeah!" Phil said before we all began saying what we wanted to eat. After a while of arguing about food and other things we placed our order. Everyone still chatting I decided to walk out for some fresh air. Taking a deep breath I started looking back at last night. After a second I hear someone walk out. River?

"Hey." He calmly said. "This seat taken?" He asks, shaking my head he sat near me. Sitting in silence for a while we stared out.

"You know.... she's something else." River finally spoke up.

"Who Y/n?"

"Yeah... she's amazing." I cut him off to continue talking about her.

"Stunning, talented, funny,... beautiful." I smiled the last part.

"Now I can agree with you." River smiled.

"God. This is frustrating!" I complained as I flip to lay on the ground, my feet in the water.

"What is?" River asked as he joined me in this position.

"She's driving me crazy!"

"I'm a bad way?" River asked, a harsher tone come over his voice.

"No in the best but worst way possible! She's developed every waking thoughts of mine. Her laughter echos through my head... but I know I can't do anything about it."

"What do you mean? You can ask her out."

"I could. But would I be enough?" I asked, silence filling the conversation once more.

"I'm head over heals for that girl." River started. "She's such an amazing person just in general. Shes strong, puts others first, eccentric, spontaneous. But I know she could never be mine."

"Why would you say that?" I asked.

"Because between a successful 17 year old that has built an amazing community and a guy from Maine you tell me who she would choose..."

"I-" he cuts me off.

"She wouldn't be happy with me... not like she is when she's with you... the way she smiled when she talks to you or even about you..."

Falling silent I had no idea how to respond. Looking into his eyes I can see sincerity. All I do is nod my head. Getting up River walked away to who knows where. Myself getting up I bring my legs up from the water and go to sit closer to the door but not in. The conversation with River replaying in my head I felt my eyes get heavy.

~Rivers POV~
Walking back in I saw most of everyone sitting on the couch. Waving to Y/n I walk past to my room. Walking in I come face to face with the mirror in there. When did I start crying? Touching my face I quickly wiped away my tear I grabbed my wallet and phone. Heading to Elliot and Aster's room I stood in the doorway.