Of course, he couldn't stop overthinking. Fuck off.

"I don't think it's your fault, San." Seonghwa said with a calm voice.

"Hell, that guy is annoying, sometimes. I can't get why he can't just... Like, be normal and not socially dysfunctional?" Hongjoong responded. This bothered Seonghwa way too much. He sent his friend a laser glance.

"Seriously, you have such a low empathy? It's not easy for people like him to relate to others. He needs his space and we must respect it. When he'll be fine and ready to come back, we'll be here, waiting for him."

"How can you be so supportive? He can't always act like he's the only human being on the planet. Ok, you need your space, but you need it every three days? No one can wait forever."

"Oh my God Hongjoong, that's what friends are supposed to do!"

"Mh, I don't agree."

They finished the discussion, Seonghwa with an angry look on his features. No more hunger or thirst for coffee.

___ • ___

Some hours later, Seonghwa made his way in the practice room. He wasn't surprised to spot Wooyoung in there. Which was the main reason why he went.

He slowly walked in leaning against the mirror, watching at Wooyoung doing a freestyle session. Sometimes, he stopped and wrote something on an old and almost destroyed notebook.

At first, Seonghwa didn't say a word. Wooyoung had noticed him, for sure, but they continued with their business as nothing happened. And he didn't want to interrupt his flow.

Just when he found out that the other was taking a break, he raised his voice to cover the sound in his ears.

"How can you find time to choreograph something by yourself during a competition like this? That's impressive."

"What do you want?" Wooyoung didn't want to sound annoyed but that's exactly what his voice came out. Luckily for him, Seonghwa had learnt how to deal with his bipolar attitude.

"Nothing. Can't I just stay here and look at you?" He slowly sat down. This caused Wooyoung to sigh and lower his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

Seonghwa was the only person, together with Yeonjun, who respected his behaviour and his time to recollect his will to spend time with other people. Which, as you may notice, happened pretty often. That's why he didn't feel at ease with almost anyone: he knew it was hard to deal with him and not everybody was patient enough to handle his sudden disappearances.
That's why he always respected Seonghwa, too. But he was faced with the hard challenge to accept his presence despite the fact that his face was now associated to San, and that thought bothered him oh, a lot.

"I'm not going to ask you what's wrong, Wooyoung. But, please... Don't lose your focus, okay?
You know that I'll be always here when you'll need."

"I... What if your face is something that bothers me?" Wooyoung said abruptly, but his voice was calm. He was calm. He started to feel guilty by being pissed by the only person who had left. He was acting as he was alone but he wasn't.

"Did I do something that I don't know? In case, I'm sorry." Seonghwa was very confused. He understood the missing of his best friend, but really didn't understand how that could involve his person.

"I can't tell you." Seonghwa sighed. "Because I don't know. I don't know why I feel... The way I feel." Wooyoung walked and sat next to him.

"Okay, I guess I'll just have to wait, as usual." Seonghwa added. "I'm just scared that this could put you in a dangerous mood for the program, as it happened during the training."

"I know... I shouldn't focus on people right now." He muttered.

"Fucking no, Wooyoung, that's not the point." Seonghwa wanted to stay calm but couldn't hold his voice. He knew it wasn't the right way to talk, but honestly wasn't sure how to introduce the topic to Wooyoung. He recollected his attitude, though, and continued calmly.

"You should not let people distract you, that's right. But don't forget that you have friends in here. If you need someone there's me, there's San, Hongjoo-"

"I know but no one is like Yeonjun." He said. "Try to think about staying without Hongjoong. Or without... San. Are you two close, aren't you? Then how would you feel?"

Seonghwa could catch a strange voice crack while saying San's name. What if he knows...
Then he started to think about his words: how would he feel if all these people came back home?

"I'd still have you." He said without thinking. Because it was the truth. Then, he stood up and made his way to the door. He was almost sure that Wooyoung was about to cry, so it was time to leave him alone.

"When you want to talk, you know where to find me." He last said and left the room.

And yes, Wooyoung started crying right after the other closed the door behind him.

.

.

here i am, as usual i wish you spend a nice sunday 💙

i remember you once again that there is another woosan short story on my profile so maybe you can check it ;;;; 

Plus, i forgot to say, on my profile you can find my linktree if you like to add me on Twitter or other socials!