Chapter 10 - Epilogue: The Best Years

Kuvira and Suyin have been married for about five years now and the two ofthem have worked together to maintain Zaofu. Kuvira still remains ascaptain of security and Suyin as Matriarch of Zaofu. They spend alltheir free time together watching movers and doing duo dance practice, and Kuvira has spent as much time as she can catching up on the new history she created. Kuvira sat on the balcony outside the bedroom waiting for Suyin to get ready as they were getting ready for an event in Republic city when she felt someone grab her shoulders.

"Hey," Kuvira said softly. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah but I think we have a few minutes," Suyin said as she sat next to Kuvira. "Something on your mind?"

"Just a little nervous about my speech," Kuvira said as Suyin leaned on her shoulder. "Which is strange. I used to be more confident in my speeches. Even when I formed the earth empire."

"You're going to do great," Suyin said as she rubbed Kuviras back. "You fought a superior spirit and lived, you can handle a small speech."

"Sometimes I forget you matured while I was gone for all those years," Kuvira said as she kissed Suyin. "I love you even more for your wisdom."

"I know," She said as opal ran in. "I think duty calls."

"We're ready to go mom," Opal said as she saw the two of them cuddling. "Am I interrupting?"

"Not at all," Kuvira said as she stood up. "Come on, let's get to the airship."

Suyin and Kuvira left Zaofu with they arms hooked as they entered the airship with opal, Bolin, Baatar Jr. and Garrus. They sat together and looked out the window for hours without speaking until they arrived in republic city. They got out where they met with Avatar Korra and Asami with their son, Mako and Lin. They all hugged it out for a moment and proceeded to enter cars and drive away from the airport and into the city. They arrived at the presidential office where Bolin had taken vacancy.

"Welcome to my humble aboad," Bolin said as everyone entered the office. "Make yourselves comfortable."

"Thanks Bolin," Korra said as Suyin and Kuvira followed. "So Kuvira? How are things in Zaofu?"

"Things are great," Kuvira said confidently and she eyed Suyin. "But hopefully with merger.....things will be even better. For us and the world."

"I just realized," Korra said as she noticed Kuviras armor. "Is that armor new? It looks amazing."

"Suyin made this for me years ago, a prototype armor for the guards," Kuvira said as she admired the armor. "It's a symbol of our love and our love for Zaofu."

"Mr. President?" a woman said as she walked in. "The press is here and they're waiting."

"thank you Rin," Bolin said as he nodded to the woman. "Let's get this party started."

"You're up Kuvira," Suyin said as she kissed Kuvira. "You got this."

"OK." Kuvira said with a deep sigh as they left the room and headed back downstairs

they all walked out of the building and were cheered on by a crowd and were having their pictures taken by photographers. Suyin, Kuvira, Korra, Asami and the rest sat in chairs while Bolin went up to the podium to speak to the crowd. It took a minute but he managed to calm everyone down so he could speak.