Chapter 4 - The Truth

it's been a few days since Suyin forced Kuvira to leave and since thenKuvira has been on her own wandering the world searching for a way to get back to her time which  she thought would be impossible and she knew she couldn't do it alone and even then people would think she's insane. So Kuvira just decided she was going to live out the rest of her life in this time and make the best of her new found freedom and the benefits would be that nobody except Suyin would know who she is. So she was traveling through the Si Wong desert and did some trading at the misty palms oasis with the gold she got from Suyin in Gaoling and managed to pick up a sleeping bag, extra clothes, a few weeks worth of food and water and a backpack to carry it all. As she was walking through the desert she decided to just make a home for herself in the middle of the desert where she wouldn't hurt anyone else and she would hunt for resources to trade at the oasis and so she felt right at home but also felt sad Suyin wasn't with her.

"I'm sorry Su," she said as she took a metal plate from her suit and molded it into Suyins face. "I had a second chance and I blew it."

she placed the sculpted piece of metal as a broach on her armors chest piece but when she did she began to hear a voice calling out her name faintly. She walked outside only to find nothing was there, it was night time so nothing could really be seen. She went back inside and made dinner then went to bed and the next morning she decided to go on a hunting trip for supplies to trade. She abandoned her armor for something more effective in the desert to survive but kept the sword and cable spool. For a few days she tracked a herd of Giant mantis and trade their chitinous hides. Using her skills as a fighter she was able to take them down and gather the materials and place them on her back and then ventured back to the oasis. She got to the trade market and presented the chitin.

"What can I get for this?" Kuvira said as everyone looked at her with disgust.

"Uh....Well chitin is very valuable here," The merchant said nervously. "Not many can conquer the giant mantis."

"Three actually." She said as she looked back.

"No doubt you collected the meat for yourself," he said as he pondered a deal. "I can sell you a few days worth of water and some rare herbs."

"Deal." He said as he took the chitin and handed her a large container of water and a linen bag and she left.

"Hey you!" Someone said as they approached Kuvira.

"Can I help you?" Kuvira said dismissively.

"You managed to take out three giant mantis on your own?" the guy said anxiously. "how did you do it?"

"Years of training and......" she said as she thought of Suyin. "Look I'm in a hurry. But thank you for the praise."

"Who are you?" he asked as Kuvira froze. "if I may ask?"

"I'm Nobody. Let's leave it at that," she said with sorrow. "Now if you'll excuse me?"

"Sorry." he said as he walked away.

Kuvira carried her supplies back on a makeshift sled like contraption to her home and when she got back she unpacked her supplies, changed her clothes and mixed her new herbs and the mantis meat to make a stew. She finished making it and tasted it but it tasted bland but it was food so she ate it anyway to be sustained. She admired the metal broach and eventually held it close to her heart when she began to cry as she was overwhelmed with the guilt of continually making mistakes that cause her to lose those closest to her, even her own fiancé that she herself nearly killed to win a war. She eventually fell asleep and when she woke up it was to an unusual sight, and sitting right in front of her was the raccoon crow she found before her and Suyin were captured.