Chapter 1 - The Last Moment

A year it's been since Kuvira was placed under house arrest, Avatar Korra andAsami Sato had just gotten married and the world is at peace. Kuviraconfined to the Beifong estate passes the time by training, readingand practice dancing. Kuvira has been trying to regain the trust ofsunshiny family and has with Suyin, Bataar, and opal but there isstill tension between the twins, Huan and Baatar Jr. it was dinnertime and as usual it was pretty silent amongst everyone due to the over bearing tension between Kuvira and everyone else and they alljust chowed on their roast duck in silence until Suyin broke thesilence.

"So opal?" Suyin said as she turned her gaze to opal. "How are things with Bolin?"

"things are great, mom," Opal replied in glee. "he is so sweet and funny. I think it was fate for us to meet."

"Even though he supported a dictator?" Wing said without looking up.

"Wing!"Suyin yelled as Kuvira got agitated.

"Can we not talk about this?!" Kuvira yelled as she slammed her fists onthe table.

"Calm down Kuvira!" Suyin said as she looked at Wing. "keep this up Wing and you can leave the table. What Kuvira did is over! We're done talking about it."

"Well I can't sit here with the woman who threw us all in a box suspended over a pit and my own brother who helped her!" wing said as he stood up. "I'm out of here!"

"I'm going too," Huan said as he stood up. "I've just been inspired."

"I'm out too." Kuvira said as she stood up and left.

"Kuvira."Suyin said as she relented and let her go.

"It's alright dear." Baatar Sr. said as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

Kuvira retreated to her room where she just stared out the window and looked to the moon from her window. Wings rant had reminded her of the atrocities she had committed, the people she hurt and betrayed and so she began to cry. She fell into her bed and placed her face into the pillow to muffle her cries and then she heard a knock on her door. She shot up and tried to wipe away her tears and compose herself.

"Who is it?" she said with her head down.

"It's Suyin," She said through the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah."Kuvira said as Suyin entered.

"Are you OK?" Suyin asked with concern as she closed the door and kneeled in front of Kuvira "Kuvira I'm sorry about what wing said. What he said might be true but he had no right to treat you like that."

"But he's right Su," Kuvira said as she began to sob again. "You took me in and treated me like a daughter and how do I repay you? A knife in your back."

"it's alright," Suyin said as she hugged Kuvira "You didn't realize what you were doing. But I promise you that things will get better. Tell you what, why do you and I have a day out together in the city, just you and me?"

"I thought I was confined to the estate." Kuvira said with confusion.

"you are not allowed to leave the city under any circumstance but with supervision by me or Baatar you can leave the estate," she explained sternly. "So what do you say? You and me, it'll take your mind off of things."

"I'd like that very much." Kuvira said with a crooked smile.

"Baatar and I have some business in the morning so we can do it tomorrow afternoon," Suyin said as she stood up and gave Kuvira a kiss on the forehead. "Get some rest OK?"