Chapter 11: After the Party

Start from the beginning

I felt tears come into my eyes as I shut them tightly, trying to hold them back.

I shook my head, wiping my eyes as they came out anyway.

"Hey, you okay? Did she do something to you?" Gabriel asked me, pulling me into him. I cried harder as he asked, because it just felt so wrong to be held by him.

I didn't like how it felt compared to Avery's arms. We stayed that way for a second and he kissed my forehead.

"I'm okay, let's go." We hung out for a couple more hours. Finally Lindsey and Brandy came and we were talking. I ended up having a good time with them. Fuck it, I might as well get drunk.

Everyone began leaving after a couple more hours. I saw Avery and Michaela walk through the living room hand in hand, going to the front of the house.

"What happened with you and her?" He asked me as we walked back outside.

"We just aren't friends anymore. Decided it was best that way." He looked at me surprised then smiled. Of course he was happy about it.

"The bet? Yeah, that's so shitty Maddie, I'll beat her ass–" I groaned cutting him off, rolling my eyes. I was tired of hearing him talk. I was over it.

"Leave her alone... Actually, leave me alone. I'm done, I can't be with you anymore Gabriel." He stared at me, blinking.

"What? You're just drunk baby. Let's talk about this tomorrow." I shook my head.

"I like her. I like Avery." I looked outside and saw Michaela and Avery holding hands while they talked. "I'm falling in love with her... I cheated on you with her. Even though she probably hates me, I'm gonna try to be with her. Either way I can't be with you. I don't love you. I barely even like you." His eyes flashed with anger. It's his own fault, he's the one been not letting me break up with him.

"You know what, fuck you and fuck her too. I knew you were a dyke. Find your own fucking way home. Bitch." He stormed away from me, to his car. That felt kinda good. I grinned and looked towards Avery. She and Michaela were kissing and I stared feeling jealously fill me. Along with nausea, damn it I drank too much.

I felt sick and I ran to the side of the house, I gagged but nothing came up. I stood there for a bit, trying to control myself.

I took a deep breath and stood up, seeing Avery walk back outside, looking for Xander. I stared at her, wondering if I should do something about it.

She looked down at her phone and smiled. I staggered towards her. This is my chance.

She looked at me, her eyes scrunched up.

As I got closer, she tensed up and looked away. She shook her head and began walking away.

"Avery, wait." She turned towards me tiredly.

"What? Why do you keep trying to talk to me? You've hurt me enough." I sighed and stopped in front of her.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just miss you." She shook her head.

"Save the bullshit." I gagged a little, and then it all came up. Avery jumped back and groaned. She came back and held me up as I staggered. "Damn Madison, all over my shoes." She was rubbing them across the grass.

"I'm sorry Avery." She shook her head and looked around.

"Did you have a way home?" I shook my head at her and she sighed. "It's fine, I'll have Xander bring you. He's upstairs fucking one of your friends." She pulled me over and we sat on the grass. She laid me down and I laid on her leg. I felt like shit.