"About what?" Zoraiz asks.

"About the wedding, what else?" Mughis puts down his tea cup and clasps his hands together. "Baba and I put up certain conditions for him to fulfill before the date. He needs to return home and establish himself well before he can take Banafsha with him."

"But I heard of his dispute with his father, lala," Zoraiz mentions. "Even if he resolves it, I don't think he'll settle there. He already has a life here."

"Our sister is not a worthless doll he can have for the price of nothing, Zoraiz. The only reason we agreed to this marriage was that Aurang will provide Banafsha with the maintenance no less than what she's provided at her home. Right now, he's way below that. And the only way he can get their is through reconciliation with his father."

"But if he doesn't agree to it?"

Mughis's orbs take a deadly hue as he registers the possibility. "Let's just hope it doesn't get to that."

The tones of his voice chills her body. Banafsha knows what her father and brother are capable of. But then again, she's the same blood. If they can move mountains for their desires, so can she.

"Banafsha?"

She looks at Mughis and his calculating gaze observes her closely.

"I know you weren't happy with this marriage, and your concerns are valid to me. I gave you my word that I'll look into everything myself for your sake. Your happiness is dear to me."

Her heart makes painful contractions with every beat. Whatever she has done is one problem, but whatever she's doing now is entirely another. She has made a promise to Mikael, and she intends to keep it upon her life. When has she not been loyal to dreams after all? He too is one such dream for her now.

"When are you coming home?" Mughis asks her. "You've to get all the things of your choice for yourself otherwise it will upset you too if anyone else does."

"My schedule is packed, lala," she excuses.

"Is your job more important than your wedding for you now?"

Her eyes meet Zoraiz's and they're sympathetic towards her. She knows at least she can have his support, if no one else's in her family.

"Lala." Zoraiz licks his lips as he speaks up for her. "If Aurang is unwilling to compromise, and neither Afsha, then don't you think forcing this marriage would be a foolish thing?"

Mughis stares at him in stunned silence for a minute. Banafsha feels her pulse quickening.

"Are you telling me we should just end this nikah?"

"All I'm saying is that if Afsha doesn't want to be with this man, then she cannot be compelled against her will."

"Banafsha was asked before this nikah and she did agree." Mughis looks at her for approval and she swallows drly. "The concerns that she has regarding Aurang will be dealt with before she starts her life with him. So she has nothing to worry about."

"But lala, it's about her likes and dislikes too. If she doesn't like the guy, no more reason is needed for her refusal of him," Zoraiz argues firmly.

Banafsha notices Mughis's jaw clenching and unclenching. "I don't know what values you follow now, but we still follow our old value back home, in case you've forgotten. I do know that you're not the same as us anymore, but you do understand nikah is no joke, right? We can not end it just like that. By now everyone knows about the wedding. There will be thousands of people to answer. We're a noble family; we've certain set of rules to follow."