𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

HONESTY

'20%'

Darla laid in her bed at her child hood home, her parents were sat on the end of her bed, both had tears stained cheeks and red eyes. She hated seeing her parents so upset, she'd just got them back.

"Don't cry." She whispered weakly. "I did the right thing." She attempted to reassure them. "I was the good guy."

"We know, sweetie." Fiona placed her hand over Darla's, instantly feeling how icy cold she was. She'd never seen her daughter look so sick.

"Mom, dad," Darla looked between her parents with tear filled eyes. "I love you both so much," She cried. "Will you tell Steve that I loved him since I first laid my eyes on him. Tell him that he wasn't alone in what he was feeling." She chuckled softly, but she couldn't help but cough as she did so.

"We'll tell him." Gregory nodded smiling towards his daughter. "And we love you too." Darla nodded, she knew that her parents loved her, they gave her the best life imaginable and never got too upset with her despite her rebellious teenage days. "We'll send in Aspen now."

'17%'

He parents left and in walked Aspen with a solemn look on his face. He sat on on the end of the bed and cracked a small smile as he said,

"Didn't you know the eldest was meant to die first?" He let go of a small chuckle as if what he said was the funniest thing in the world, but it wasn't. Darla still attempted to laugh to make him feel better.

"I like all the attention on me." She lied. "You should know that. Do me a favour and tell Isobel all about Auntie Darla for me?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Aspen muttered, pushing some of his blonde hair out of his face.

"And tell Steve that I always wanted to introduce you guys but not like this. Tell him that I wanted him to meet you as my fiancé and in a way that we could celebrate."

There was so much that Darla wanted to say to everyone but she knew that she wouldn't have time, and she hated that. But she knew that her family would pass on messages because that's the type of family they were.

"Of course, we'll treat him as family Darla, I'll make sure of it." Aspen smiled. "I'll get Briar." He headed towards the door but just before he left he span back on his heel and rushed to give his sister one last final hug. "I love you."

"I love you too."

'14%'

Briar walked in with tears streaming down his cheeks, this wasn't easy for him at all. He'd just lost his girlfriend and now he was having to lose his sister too.

"Never did like to make things easy for me did you." He chuckled grabbing her hand as he spoke. "I'm thankful that you introduced me to Nat. She changed my for the better."

"I'm sorry that you lost her. You made her truly happy." Darla reassured her brother, the few words caused a smile to form on his face. "Do me a favour, B?" Briar nodded, he would do anything for his sister. "You saw how happy I was with Cap, make sure to tell him."

"I'll remind him every day." Briar nodded, leaning up and pressing his lips against Darla's forehead.

"Don't lose hope in finding love again, Briar. You'll find it again and it'll be just as amazing as the first. Even if she's not as fiery as our red head." Darla smiled.