𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐕𝐈

BUCKY

"You know you're a lot heavier than you look." Sam said as he placed Steve down. Darla let out a small chuckle as she joined the boys.

"I had a big breakfast." Steve shrugged as he got slammed and thrown off of the helicarrier.

"STEVE." Cried Darla as Sam attempted to go and get the man, but Bucky grabbed his wings and threw him.

Darla grabbed her gun and began to aimlessly fire at Bucky, and it appeared as if Sam had the same idea.

"Samuel, go and get Cap." Darla snapped, worried that the man was ultimately falling to his death. Sam nodded and tried to fly off once again, but Bucky shot at his wings and pulled him down, not hesitating on snapping them in half.

"What the fuck-" Darla looked over at the shaggy brown haired man, as he slammed his fist into her face. The blonde used all her strength to push Bucky off of her.

Sam stood up, only for Bucky to kick him off the edge of the helicarrier.

"Okay, between you and me, I'm not a super soldier or have wings so you know? So, maybe, just maybe don't kick me off?" Darla said as she slowly backed away from Bucky. "And I really don't want to hurt you because you're Steve's friend and I care about him but-"

Bucky cut the girl off by slamming her head against a crate.

"Dick." She muttered, using all her strength to kick the man back. "You know what? You've officially pissed me off." She said angrily.

Darla pulled out her guns and began to fire at the man, catching his arm slightly and hearing a faint hiss come from him.

"Cap? Are you okay?" Darla questioned over the comms, hoping and praying for a response.

"Yeah. I'm okay." Steve responded with a groan as he tried to pull himself back onto the helicarrier. "I'm still on the helicarrier. Where are you?"

"Well, I don't think your friend Bucky likes me much." Darla said as she dodged a punch from the man. "I'm beginning to take this personal, I think he's jealous."

"Jealous?" Steve furrowed his brows not quite understanding. "Sam, where are you?"

"I'm grounded. The suits down. Sorry, Cap." Sam said disappointedly. He hated that he let the two down.

"Don't worry, we got it." Steve stated confidently.

"You tell that to Bucky." Darla groaned as he slammed her back into another crate, making her roll back and as he walk away. "Cap, he's heading your way."

"Got it." Steve nodded.

~

"Darla?" Steve's voice came in over the intercom. "You need to get out of here now." He ordered.

"Don't really think I've got a way down Cap." Darla muttered as a sudden realisation hit her. "Hill's ready to blow it isn't she?"

"She is, so you need to get out of there for me baby." Steve whispered, trying his hardest not to let the girl hear that he was in pain. He knew she'd run back for him and he needed her to survive.

"Cap? Where are you?" Darla questioned tears brimming her eyes.

"That doesn't matter. Get off the helicarrier, now." Steve said more sternly. "I'll meet you down there."

"You best not leave me, Steve. Not again." Darla grabbed a parachute and quickly strapped it on. Tears were streaming down her face, dreading the idea of saying goodbye to him. The voices were slowly coming back and everything felt overwhelming.

"I'll see you soon, baby." Steve whispered as he cut the comms out.

Darla let out a long sigh and jumped off of the helicarrier. The blonde girl hadn't used a parachute before. She was really just taking a shot in the dark and hoping she could figure it out along the way.

"D? Where are you?" Natasha's voice came through the comms.

"Plummeting." Darla said in a state of panic. "I don't know how to use a fucking parachute." She muttered. "Where the fuck are you?"

"I see you." Natasha said as she watched the girl fall. Fury used the helicopter to head over to where Darla was falling.

"This best be you, Nat." Darla said as she curled herself up as small as she could and allowed herself to fall into the helicopter. Natasha grabbed the girl by her waist and waited until Fury straightened out the helicopter.

"I hated every second of that." Darla muttered as she took a seat beside Sam.

"Hill, where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?" Natasha questioned. Darla felt more and more anxious the longer it took for Hill to respond.

Darla knew that Steve was still on the helicarrier. She knew that he wouldn't leave Bucky.

"He's gone isn't he?" Whispered Darla as she rested her head on Sam's chest. Sam brought the girl into a tight hug.

"He loved you, you know that right?" Sam whispered to the girl.

"He told you that?" She questioned hopefully.

"He didn't have too." Sam shook his head.