𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕

RUBBLE

Steve grabbed Darla the second that the blasts from the Sanctuary II hit, the missiles hit the compound, instantly blowing it to pieces.

Darla reached out for Steve but the force of the blast separated them. She let out a scream as she felt the rubble from the compound land on her, hiding her from anyone's view.

"STEVE!" Darla shouted loudly, hoping that he was okay. "BRIAR."

Her brother was in his and Natasha's room at the compound, she didn't know if he was okay let alone alive. She tried her hardest to push the rubble off of her, but the more she struggled the more fell.

"Darla?" Tony rushed over to the girl, Briar along side him, wearing a suit that Tony had made him many years ago without the blondes knowledge.

"I can't move it." Darla whispered as she looked up at Tony through a few of the cracks in the rubble. "Is Steve okay? Where's Cap?"

Tony and Briar both shared an anxious look, neither of them had seen Steve. And truthfully, their first instinct wasn't to look for the man, but to look for Darla.

"Tony, B, where is Cap?" Darla now had a few tears rolling her cheeks, terrified that Steve hadn't made it. She couldn't lose him, it would kill her.

"We'll find him, Kid. But first we need to get you out." Tony insisted. "On three." He looked across to Briar as they both grabbed the rubble. "One. Two, Three." Both of them let out groans as they held up the fallen rubble long enough for Darla to crawl out.

Once they knew she was out safely, they allowed it to fall back to the ground. Almost instantaneously, they pulled the blonde in for a hug. Thankful, that she was okay.

Briar didn't know what he would have done if he had lost Darla as well as Natasha. Both of the girls were his life. He looked at his sister with a warm smile before saying,

"Mom called."

Darla felt her bottom lip quiver at the two words. Her family were back. They were okay. Everyone they lost, had returned.

"Let's fine your fiancé, aye?" Tony said as he placed his hand on Darla's shoulder, causing the girl to nod.

She rushed off in the direction where she last saw Steve before they got thrown apart by the blast. Her eyes flickered towards the shield, which Tony instantly picked up, letting go of a small chuckle. Steve kept losing the shield.

"Steve." Darla rushed over to the unconscious man, her hands cupping his face as her tears streamed down her cheeks. "Wake up, Cap. Come on. Please don't leave me."  She rested her head on his chest and let go of a quiet sob.

"Come on, buddy. Wake up." Tony encouraged as Steve let go of a loud gasp. "That's my man. You lose this again, I'm keeping it." Tony showed him the shield.

Steve's hand cupped the back of Darla's head, thankful that she was okay and alive. He pressed his lips against the top of her head as she looked up at him, a smile forming on her face.

"What happened?" Steve questioned hoarsely whilst looking around at the rubble.

"You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." Tony shrugged as he and Briar helped Steve stand up.

Steve pulled Darla into his arms after she stood up, he held her as tight as possible. He never wanted to let her go again.

She linked her hands with Steve's as the four of them walked over to Thor who was stood watching Thanos from a distance.

"What's he been doing?" Tony questioned curiously.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor responded, glancing at Darla smiling towards her. He was happy that she was okay, the most that was wrong with her was a few cuts and bruises, but nothing that wouldn't heal over time.

"Where are the stones?" Steve questioned, giving the girls hand a light squeeze.

"My guess is somewhere under all this shit." Briar uttered, placing his hand on Darla's shoulder.

"All I know is he doesn't have them." Tony added on.

"So we keep it that way." Steve muttered, his eyes flickering to the blonde.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor questioned curiously, wondering if all of them just completely missed the obvious.

"Yeah, we know." Darla responded as she kept her eyes on Thanos. She wondered what his plan was, unfortunately she couldn't actually see his next move. Which angered her a lot.

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." There was a small clap of thunder and Thor stretched out his hands, summoning both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. His casual clothes turned into armour as he said, "Let's kill him properly this time."