𝐈𝐕.𝐈

BOXING

Darla walked around the familiar boxing ring, both Wanda and Mateo were staring at her. The ring was stood in the middle of an empty room that had been specifically given to the girl to train the pair privately.

"Okay, give it your best shot." Darla nodded and waited to see what they'd hit her with. She extended her arms and motioned for them to come at her with her hands making the duo look at each other, mischievously.

They'd been training for the past few months and Darla had taken on the task of helping train Wanda and Mateo, whilst Natasha was stuck with Rhodey and Steve was stuck with Sam and Vision. Some times they trained together but it was rare.

Darla wasn't going to complain, the pair had become insanely close to her. Wanda had attached herself to the girl ever since Pietro's death, not just in the ring but also outside of training. They frequently had sleep-overs, ones that caused the girls to stay awake until early hours of the morning to talk about everything and anything.

Mateo had also started to get closer to the girl, even when they hadn't meant to they'd always seem to find themselves stood next to each other as they walked or found ways to touch one another.

Mateo chuckled at the girls actions as he blasted the girl back, making her fall into the ropes. Darla laughed as she caught the blast as her body hit the ropes and managed to fire it back at him with the power of elasticity from the rope to shoot her forward. Mateo flipped over the ropes at the opposing side with a grunt.

Darla turned her body towards Wanda who had stood back to assess the situation, wondering which move she should make next.

"Come on, Red, what do you have?" Darla teased the girl who looked down at her hands and then back up to her mentor.

In her spare time Darla would drive up to Manhattan to see Tony. He would help her train and control her abilities better and then during the night she'd drive back so that she could train the pair early the next morning.

Wanda used her powers to lift Darla up from the ring, levitating her from the ground, and although she looked as if she was helpless Darla looked awfully confident. The blonde girl rolled her eyes and absorbed the power before throwing it back at Wanda who pulled back her hands and allowed Darla to land back down onto the floor a little harshly.

"Didn't think that through." Darla muttered, slowly standing back up, only be be face to face with Mateo. His warm breath hit her face as his signature smirk played on his face. "Hey."

Mateo grabbed the girls waist, raising his hand to tuck some of her hair behind her ear. For a split second Darla was consumed by the golden flecks in his eyes. He slowly leant down to her lips.

Darla tutted in response and span around, sending shocks to Wanda, making her fall to the ground knowing that the pair were not quite advanced enough to have her that distracted.

"Nice try." Darla clapped her hands together. "Really good try." She chuckled and Wanda threw her hands up in the air slightly annoyed.

Mateo clenched his fist and went to swing at the girl, but she brought her hand up to block the punch, and twirled his arm around. She kicked his legs, making him buckle and fall to his knees. Darla chuckled and pinned the boy down to the ground.

"Pinned you." She smirked but the boy wasn't satisfied and so Mateo used all his strength and flipped the pair so that he was sat against her torso, the impact nearly made Darla lose her breath.

"Actually, I pinned you." Mateo placed his forearm against Darla's neck, holding her down with a smirk. His head turned to look at Wanda boastfully but she spoke,

"I wouldn't have done that if I was you." Wanda whispered as she watched the blue aura form around the girl, bracing herself for impact.

Darla's eyes flickered between the pair with a smirk as she sent them both flying against the wall before standing up and letting out a deep breath.

They were gradually getting better, a feeling of pride swarming her body as she dusted herself off and looked towards the duo.

"Alright, today's practice is over." Darla announced. "Go shower, get changed. And enjoy the rest of your day."

Wanda ran over towards the girl and gave her a side hug, it usually happened after every training session, it warmed the girls heart to feel so loved by her.

"You're improving massively, Red." She complemented, squeezing her a few times for assurance and the girl looked at her through dazzled eyes almost as if she idolised her.

"We have a good teacher." Smirked Mateo who was un-wrapping his knuckles, he watched Darla let Wanda go from their side hug and fold her arms to watch him.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Mr Carver." Darla responded though a slight smile was forming on her lips.

"Will it not?" He asked suggestively before leaving the room.