𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

1970

"Clearly, you weren't actually born here, right?" Tony questioned curiously.

Steve had changed into a army uniform and Darla had put in one of the nurses uniforms whilst Tony wore a suit.

"The idea of me was." Steve uttered.

"Right. Well, imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization. Where do you hide it?" Tony continued to question.

"In plain sight." Steve placed his hand on the small of Darla's back, trying to make sure that he didn't lose her or worry that she wasn't okay.

"D, can you just do that mind trick thing?" Tony asked as he looked across to the blonde.

"Sure, if you want me completely drained from looking inside everyone's head here since I'm almost one hundred perfect sure that SHIELD wouldn't tell everyone here." Darla whispered harshly.

"I'm telling you, in plain sight." Steve uttered as he motioned up to the bunker in front of them.

~

"Good luck on your mission, Captain. Nurse." Tony nodded as he looked towards Steve and Darla as he exited the elevator.

"Good luck on your project, doctor." Steve nodded back in return.

"You're new here?" The lady in the elevator questioned with a warm smile.

"Not exactly." Steve uttered back in response.

Darla looked up to Steve and smiled at him reassuringly, she hoped that this worked. That they could bring everyone home again.

~

"Dr. Pym?" Steve questioned as he held the phone to his ear. He paused, waiting for Dr Pym to response. "This is Captain Stevens from shipping. We have a package for you."

Darla smiled towards Steve, hoping that their plan would work. They were hid in a small supply closet whilst they called Dr Pym and Steve had his arms wrapped tightly around the blonde.

"Well, that's the thing, sir. We can't." Steve paused once again. "Well, it's just– Sir, the box is glowing and, to be honest, some of our mail guys aren't feeling that great. We have Nurse Antcliff here checking on them." Steve shot a playful wink towards Darla.

Darla smiled up to Steve, standing on her tip toes and pressing her lips against Steve's cheek, causing him to smile.

"Yeah, they did. You better get down here." Steve said as he ended the call. He nodded towards Darla as they walked out of the supply closet and headed into Dr Pym's office.

The pair looked around for the Pym Particles before their eyes landed on eleven of them behind a protective glass barrier.

Darla carefully grabbed four of them before handing them to Steve, who carefully placed them in his pocket.

"Let's find Tony and get out of here." Steve uttered, pressing his lips against Darla quickly, causing her to blush bright red as a smile formed on her face.