Chapter 19: Birthday Wishes

Song recommendations:
Happy by Pharrell Williams
Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer
This is what you came for by Calvin Harris
Tik Tok by Ke$ha
(Just some upbeat songs to listen to)

Well I was right. The fact that I had a nightmare was all over the school only hours after it happened. Gotta love gossip.

Some people were nice about it while others were just straight up mean. It doesn't matter much. My friends were very nice and supportive about it and that's all that really matters.

When I had my meeting with Dumbledore on Friday he asked a lot of questions. But in the end he deemed everything safe because the dream wasn't magical in anyway. I don't know why he would be so worried about it being magical. But whatever.

When I got to Hufflepuff house though I really felt the love and support. It wasn't just my friends supporting me, it was the entire house. They were all very nice, which would have seemed impossible because they are nice all the time, but somehow they were even more nice.

They all prepared themselves just in case I had a dream again. But to everyones luck, I didn't. Thank Merlin.

My birthday is on a Wednesday this year so my friends were acting weird and secretive the days leading up to it.

But then the day finally came.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I was woken up by the screaming and cheering of Hannah, Megan, and Susan.

"Thanks you guys." I say yawning and mustering a smile. I sit up, still waking up a little.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon! It's your birthday! So much to do and in so little time!!" Susan squeals jumping up and down with a huge smile on her face.

"To do? What do you mean?" I'm a bit confused.

"Get ready and then you'll find out." Susan replies with a knowing smirk.

"Fine. You win." I giggle. I get out of bed and do my normal routine to get ready.

"Alright I'm done." I say as I finish putting my hair in a half up.

"C'mon grab your bag and let's go." Megan grabs my hand. I quickly throw my bag over my shoulder and leave the dorms with the girls. Many people wished me Happy Birthday as we run across the common room and leave.

We make our way to the Library. Why the Library?

They stop right in front of the Library doors.

"Ok. Put this on over your eyes." Hannah says while handing me a black scarf.

I tie the scarf over my eyes and hold out my hands. I'm blind at the moment and I need help moving.

Someone takes my hands and leads me forward. We take a few twists and turns. And then I feel hands on my arms, causing me to stop walking and to stand still.

Without warning, the scarf is taken off.

"SURPRISE!!!" is all I hear as I open my eyes to see all my friends gathered before me. We are tucked into a corner of the Library with shelves of books surrounding us. There is a small table with wrapped parcels on it.

My friends threw me a surprise party.

My closest friends from each house had gathered together to celebrate.

"OH MY GOODNESS!! Guys you really shouldn't have!!" I said with a wide smile on my face. I don't deserve this.

"But we did. Come here kitten." George said enveloping me in a big hug. One by one they all gave me hugs.