Chapter 12 - Home

The Girl With The Motorbike

Chapter 12

Paige’s POV

I stood in front of the Sunderlands house with my mouth gaping open.

“Close your mouth deary, you might catch flies,” Ross snickered, and I glared at him.

His house was huge! And I thought my “Mums” house was big, her house was a cottage compared to this place. The main house it’s self, must have around six floors, if not more. Off to the side where smaller, detached houses, which had three floors. I was guessing that they were the staff houses. I peered around the side of the house, and my eyes widened as I took in what was in front of me. Stables, big posh stables, like the ones you see in paintings filled the back of the house, around twenty of them stood, along with various other barns, and buildings. To the right of the main house, was the garages, which were bigger than my old house in London. Everything was just so posh, and big; but yet it didn’t give off that “snobby” atmosphere, anything but.

“My mum is into her horses,” Ross told me, and I nodded. That was obvious.

“I love horses, I used to get riding lessons when I was very young, before my Mum left, and then when she did- we had to move into the city, and there was no stables near, plus we didn’t have the money,” I confessed to him, and I mentally slapped myself. Why was I telling Ross all this stuff? God, I really need to learn when to keep my mouth shut. 

“My mum would teach you to ride,” Ross offered, and I turned around, and grinned at him.

“Really?” I asked excitedly, and he chuckled.

“You know, you’re really bad at keeping up your bad girl side you know that? And yeah, she loves teaching people to ride. She used to do that as a teenager, and then she met my dad, and they both fell in love and all that shit; and here we are now. The stables and yard was a present from my Dad, and then he left for working, rarely coming home. She spends most of her time out there with the horses. She loves the horses more than she loves me,” He chuckled, although showing no emotion, and shaking his head.

As Ross shared a part of his family life, I started to feel better about letting a little of mine slip. It looked as if he didn’t have the picture perfect family either, which made me feel at ease.

Just as we reached the main door of the house, Ross dumped my bags there, and grabbed my hand, and led me through. I shot him a questioning look.

“You’ll have your own mini house, I just thought I’d better introduce you to my mother,” He told me, and my eyes widened which Ross reacted by rolling his eyes. I was just about to give him a piece of my mind, when someone interrupted us.

“Oh my dear! Welcome!” and suddenly I was pulled into a warm embrace, by a small, slim figure who I thought to be his mother. And I was right.

She pulled back, and I stepped back, to take in her full appearance. She was, really a beautiful woman. Like those woman that are always in the heat magazines, that looked half their age and you would never think they had children, especially two. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, and a purple polo shirt, along with a pair of long riding boots, even in horse wear, she looked amazing. Her dark hair was piled upon her head, in a messy bun and she had no makeup on. But she didn’t need make up to look beautiful. She was beautiful naturally. Which I really didn’t expect, I expected her to be fake. Fake boobs, fake hair, fake eyelashes, and to be dressed extremely slutty, but I was wrong, completely and utterly wrong.

“I’m Ross’ mother, you can just call me Cassie, I’m sure Ross will show you to your own part of the house, which I really hope you find acceptable,” She told me, and my eyes widened.