Chapter Ten - Tonight Tonight

The Girl with the motorbike

Chapter Ten

Ross’ POV

I cannot believe she refused to sing the song – I really did think that she would want to sing it, she sounded amazing when she sung it, and I reckon that we would sound great together – scrap that, I knew we would. I was pissed off with her, I got why she didn’t want to sing the song, but still. I thought she might make an exception, and maybe open up a bit to people, but I was wrong.

It would have given us a huge chance with the producers, I knew they would be awed with the song, but Paige was just being a stubborn bitch.  So I stomped away from her, which I knew had surprised her. I grabbed my guitar from the stand, and walked into a studio that was empty, and sat down on the floor.

I strummed a few chords, trying to think of a song I could do for my solo. I sat for what seemed hours, trying to decide.

That’s it! The song I was going to sing was Six Degrees of Separation. It was a song that explained me. It was my favourite song, apart from Impossible, and I knew it would be perfect.

I started strumming away, trying to remember the right chords, and when I figured them out, I started to sing.

ADD LYRICS

Through this, I noticed the door open, but I was too absorbed in my song to notice who it was, and I didn’t care. I battled on through the song, singing my heart out, which I rarely did.

When I stopped, I glanced up at the door, to see who had walked in, but there was nobody. I was sure someone walked in, and didn’t walk out – maybe I was too absorbed up in the song to notice the person leaving, just as I started to get comfortable, I heard a voice, which made me jump.

“That was beautiful,” The voice said, and I turned around to see Paige sitting Indian style, with her guitar in her lap, and her hair flowing over one shoulder, she looked up at me with her beautiful sparking blue eyes, which were full of so much emotion. I must admit-  she was a beautiful girl, but I just didn’t get her, if you know what I mean. She was a mystery.

“Thank you,” I mumbled, suddenly I felt bad about stamping away. “I’m sorry for being a dick earlier, I just really like that song, and thought we would have a good bash at the producers. “ I mumbled.

“Yeah, you were a dick,” She replied, which made me shoot her a glare, and she chuckled. “But I was a bitch though, I’m sorry. The song is difficult for me to sing, it holds too much emotion,” The mumbled, looking down, which made my shoulders relax in defeat.

“But- but I’d like to give it a shot,” She said, and I straightened up, and suddenly a huge smile took over my face, and I started jumping up and down on my bum like a little gleeful kid, which made Paige giggle. I turned to look at her.

“Thanks,” And she nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paige’s POV

“Thanks” Ross said, and I simply just nodded. I could see how much I had pleased him, and how sincere he was. I still wasn’t sure about the song, but I was going to give it a shot. I owed Ross that much.

Everything was changing between Ross and I. After today, I knew we somehow just understood each other a little more. We were building something, I don’t know what it was, but it was good, it felt nice. But it scared me – it scared me how much I was willing to open up to him, how comfortable I felt around him. Most boys knew me as a cold hearted bitch, which didn’t have any feelings. But I wasn’t like that; I just found it hard to trust boys, after my experience with them. I had never found a boy which I had felt comfortable around, apart from Carter, but he was my best friend. We weren’t romantically involved or anything like that, far from it. But around Ross, I felt like I trusted him – which felt good, but also felt bad.

We spent the rest of the morning going through chords, making small tweaks. The music teacher suggested that we changed around the song a bit, to make sure that it suited both people, and to show that we could free-style a little. Tweaking the song hadn’t been a problem for either of us, as we had a good ear for music, which helped a lot, we both knew what sounded good, and what sounded crap.

We went over lyrics, with music playing in the background from Ross’ IPod, I must admit, he had a great music taste, and liked much what I did. I started singing along with the song which was playing, which was Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae – which was one of my favourite song. And it looked like it was Ross’ too, as we both sat there, belted it out, not caring what we sounded like or if anyone heard us, we were having a kick of a time.

I had never laughed and smiled so much – it was funny how Ross could make me laugh until my stomach hurt, telling me funny jokes, and childhood stories, and my cheeks were pained from smiling so much, but I didn’t care. We shared happy childhood stories, and funny statements, past boyfriends and girlfriends - Ross having much more than me. We didn’t speak about our parents or anything like that. It was all carefree, and fun. And I found myself – surprisingly enjoying Ross’ company.

As we finished up, to head for break, I shouted on Ross, and he turned around.

“One problem Ross,” I told him, and he raised an eyebrow “I’ve got stage fright,” I told him, cringing. He laughed out loud, and rolled his eyes, and walked away, making me giggle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N – Another chapter, sorry it’s a bit short! But I liked this one : ) A bit more carefree and stuff. Can't believe I'm at chapter ten already, wow. 

So yeah.

They decided to sing Impossible! Whoop. Like I didn’t know that was coming ;)

Hope you enjoyed peeps!

Chapter Song : Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae (Magic song!)

Chapter Teaser : More characters added, and introduced.

Please vote, comment, read etc etc!

Thanks, Kirsten xoxox

Happy New Year everyone! Thank you all for the support, and best wishes for 2013! : )