-Failure? -he turns to you, sitting down.

-Yes.

-Who the hell said such things to you?

-My father. -you answer and decide to change the topic right away. -How did you know about the festival of the town, Rosinante?

-Everyone talked about it when I went for food. -he says, understanding your act. -Luckily the pirates who originally owned the Ope Ope Fruit already left. So it's quite safe for us.

-Until your brother returns.

-Yes. Doffy... I don't know what's on his mind. Why did he shoot me, if then left you here to heal me?

-I don't know. I don't know anything about him. -you sigh. -He's just a pirate. But I have met more kind pirates than marines. Doflamingo is quite an exception.

-Then let's leave together, [Y/N]! -shouts Rosinante, touching your hand. -You have nobody to wait for, right?

You freeze down, hearing these words said out loud.

He frowns and sits back.

-Sorry. This was too-

-You're right, Rosi. Don't apologize for the truth. -you smile for a second before it disappears. -But I can't go. I have something to... close. With your brother.

-Did he threaten you? Believe me, it's better if you try to escape. -says Corazon. -Doffy is... a monster.

-I have something important to close with him. -you whisper again. -Even if he is cruel, he keeps his word, doesn't he?

-[Y/N], what did you do? -he asks with real worry in his eyes.

-Nothing bad. Just I have to wait here. -you answer quickly. -But you should go to find Law while you can. Doflamingo ordered me to save you, not to keep you here.

-Because he knew that if you save me, I won't leave you alone for him. -sighs Rosinante. -And he was right.

-I don't know what will happen to you if you stay...

-I don't care. I wouldn't be alive without you anyway. -he says, lighting up a cigarette.

-And what if you leave then come back after I settled everything with your brother?

I lie to you again and it feels terrible. But if this is the price of saving you-

-It wouldn't feel right.

-Please, Rosinante. It's important for me. You mustn't get hurt! -you shout and lean forward to take back his hand. Waldy jealously leaves your lap and goes to the other room but you don't even notice.

Corazon's widened amber eyes glare at your face and you turn pale.

-I will think about it. -he whispers.

-T-thank you... -you answer silently with a smile.

This is the first step.

You want to lean back to the wall but Rosinante pulls you to his chest and hugs you tightly, pushing his cheek to your hair.

You startle from the sudden gentle movement.

-[Y/N]. I don't want you to get hurt either. -he says. -So please, whatever you did or agreed with Doffy that you don't want to tell me- please keep yourself safe!

If he knew...

You start crying and hug him back, your face against the embroidery of the shirt's shoulder. Rosinante's arms close around your body.