05 || five

❝ The devil is both, my master and slave. ❞

five || ❛ death ❜

five || ❛ death ❜

Devika

HE KNOCKS ON THE DOOR, making me snap my head towards it.

Staying still, I watch the door, admiring its plain features. He knocks, again, louder than before. I don't respond. He knocks, once more, louder than the first time, making the latch rattle.

"Devika," He shakes the door, "It is nearly afternoon. Are you still sleeping?" He asks, in an unusually sugar coated voice.

Yuck!

"Get lost!" I yell, gritting my teeth. I have this really strong urge to beat the blood out of him, but I know the moment I look at him, I will be able to do nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

"I ain't deaf, lady. Quit screaming," He complains. "First you mess up the entire house and then you yell at me. Both, for no reason."

I messed up the house? For no reason?

"You..."

Clenching my fist, I move towards the door, standing behind it. "Don't push the blame on me. You messed up the entire house." I bite back the venom in my voice.

"I'm not coming out. You, alone, will have to rearrange the entire house." I reply, crossing my arms across my chest. I wince on realising that I had touched the wound he had given me last night. What a pain.

Sighing, I turn to stare at the ceiling remembering the resolve I had made a few minutes earlier.

I shall regain this freedom soon!

Now then, how do I escape?

There is a house seated right across this building, and from the looks of it, it seems abandoned. Overgrown grass covers its lawn while, twigs and leaves covered the terrace. From what I could see once, only once, there is a dirty white sheet covering something tall, like a cupboard which was enough evidence for me to believe that it was unused for long. Sighing, I turn to a side, staring at the black of the bed.

The howl of a dog pierces the silence surrounding me and I sit up with a start. Rubbing my eyes, I rush over to the window. A smile tugs at my lips as I notice a dog running through the lane.

An idea strikes. But, what if...

Running back, I grab anything that I can fit in my hands and slide the window open. The dog had disappeared, leaving behind some hope for me.

Aiming carefully, I toss the articles out of the window, over the empty forsaken road.

I hope this works.