02 || two

❝ Keep quiet. I am talking to my demons. ❞

two || ❛ grins, shivers and fear ❜

Devika

THE RUSTIC LATCH WHIMPERS, hitting itself against the door, as I try to loosen its hold.

Trying for the last time, I slump onto the floor and lean against the wall, taking in a deep breath.

Can my day get any worse? A heartbreak first, and now, this – locked inside a cage of a house.

Can I scream and ask someone to help us?

But it's already evening and all the employees would have gone home. Plus, I have no idea about the timings of the second security guard.

So that means it's just Yash and I in the building right now.

I feel so weird, like... like I'm trapped in a dark cage. I feel like I have walked into a trap laid out for me by the hunter.

But, who is the hunter? Yash? No, not him. He is also stuck with me.

"Don't disregard the first answer that comes to your mind," Yash grins, catching me off guard, "to a complex question. It is often the right answer,"

His grin is really creepy. And scary.

It makes me want to run for my life. I wrap my arms around myself, watching him cautiously.

Mustering some courage, I finally manage to ask, "What do you mean?"

He strides to me and kneels, leaning in closely, "Figure. It. Out." He chuckles, a smirk forming on his lips as he moves back to the table and lifts the tray of empty bowls.

I watch as he walks back from the kitchen, to his sofa looking unpleasantly calm and dangerous. The corner of his lips curve into a grim smile immediately turning into a frown.

"Stop staring at me." He commands harshly and I tear my gaze away, staring at the mosaic pattern of the ground. It is a headache to look at.

He rises, again, walking into his room and I drag myself towards the telephone. Just one call and I'll be out of here.

I had barely made it to the threshold of his room, when he steps out and I freeze.

Strangled by a strong wave of gooseflesh, I stay on the ground, scared and frozen. My heart thumps wildly in my chest and my palms get sweaty. I feel my pulse beating against the floor.

Sitting back, I take a deep breath and lift my head slowly to look at him. What is he going to do?

He... cackles, as he usually does and walks away to the sofa.

That's it?! What was his scary and evil aura about then? Was I just imagining things?

Pulling myself against a wall, I sit on the sofa and turn on the television, switching over to the news channel to distract myself: