The Nightmares About Him

Start from the beginning

Regret. You regretted ever leaving him. That was the truth you were keeping hidden inside. Even though you tried to justify your actions, it still wasn't enough for you to not regret what you have done. It was true: you made an oath. You swore yourself in. He took you, stole you away, kept you all for himself. And you allowed it.

Yet, you would do anything to save yourself.

"I love you...!" You shouted desperately as you finally confessed. "I love you, sir, I really do! I love you so much! Please, forgive me, sir! I love you! I'll be yours and only yours! I won't run away! I'll stay with you forever! I love you, my Lord Scaramouche! I love you! I love you! I love you!"

Your words struck something inside him, you saw it in the way his breath hitched. A hopeful smile shined on your face when Scaramouche looked right at you with love-filled eyes. At that moment, your finger exploded under the intense pressure and a warm coat of blood was sprayed over the both of you.

•••

"[Y/N]!" A voice called out your name. "Where have you gone?!"

After hearing the countless shouting, you were pulled out of your sleep and finally parted your eyes open. There was no sunlight to greet you good morning, it was like it was still nighttime. A gentle breeze blew past your face which made a few strands of your hair flow to the side, drying your tears as well.

Arching your back, you let out a tired groan as you stretched your legs, feeling around the soft, grassy ground. You remembered falling asleep against the tree you saw earlier, your ice tank provided enough comfort for you to lay on it and drift off to your nightmares. Honestly, they felt too real for your comfort.

"I think she's behind that tree...!" Lumine exclaimed from a distance.

You whimpered in discomfort and tried to shut your eyes again, "So... early in the morning... ugh..."

"Oh, there she is...!" Xingqiu announced, running over to where you were.

Xiangling followed right after, dashing full speed and getting down on her knees thankfully beside you, "[Y/N], we were scared you ran off!"

"Or if you were kidnapped. Again." Chongyun muttered, casually walking towards you.

It was a little overwhelming to be greeted by so many people at the same time, let alone in the morning. Still, you rubbed your eyes and yawned, relaxing and timidly glancing down at your fingers, "I'm okay, I was just resting over here."

"Awwh, you should have asked if you could sleep with me!" The chef girl pouted deeply and was touched by your consideration.

"I have to say," Xingqiu let out an airy chuckle and turned to the other young man. "Chongyun was the one who woke us up because he was the first to notice that you were gone."

"Mhm!" Xiangling nodded furiously, eyes sparkling with bewilderment. "You should have seen him, he was crazy worried! He was like Uhh, guys wake up, I can't find the Fatui girl, w-what do we do?? We gotta look for her!"

"Well, who wouldn't be worried..." He muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. "She's a highly dangerous person after all... I wouldn't be surprised if she was out harassing some poor citizen about unpaid debts."

Once again, you felt your shoulders drop in disappointment, refusing to look up at Chongyun, "I'm... sorry for making all of you worried... I should have told you where I was going to sleep..."

The exorcist sighed heavily, dismissing your apology, "Just stay with the group, alright?"

"Yessir..."

The entire party was taken aback by what you said, even Chongyun was blinking rapidly out of shock. There was an uncomfortable, heavy silence as you glanced around at each person with a raised eyebrow, wondering if you said something weird.

A few seconds later, the realization hit you.

"Oh...! I didn't mean...! No... I..." You fumbled with your words and covered your mouth to stop yourself from stuttering so much, averting your gaze to the ground sadly. "S... Sorry, it's a force of habit... I apologize..."

Chongyun didn't reply. He simply turned away to look off somewhere, making it more awkward than it already was.

Lumine placed a reassuring pat on your shoulder and you pulled your knees up to your chest, hiding your face out of shame.

"Well, team? Let's not stay here for too long and start moving!" The blonde beamed brightly, trying to bring everyone together. "Waking up at this time is good! The earlier we begin our trip, the earlier we'll make it to Liyue Harbour!"

Just like Lumine said, it was time to get going. There was no room in your schedule to wallow in self-pity. Even if that nightmare you had about Scaramouche absolutely terrified you, there was still hope of you avoiding that kind of ending and making it back home to your family. You really hoped.

Everyone slowly disbanded and got to work, leaving you alone again.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!!

Also, I'm sorry for the kinda short chapter, my exams were literally making me go insane ahaha...

Anyway, thanks again for waiting through my week (or so) hiatus!! I love you guys very much!!