"Thanks, River," said a deep, steady voice. Kingsley.

"Muggles remain ignorant of the source of their suffering as they continue to sustain heavy casualties," said Kingsley. "However, we continue to hear truly inspirational stories of wizards and witches risking their own safety to protect Muggle friends and neighbors, often without the Muggles' knowledge. I'd like to appeal to all our listeners to emulate their example, perhaps by casting a protective charm over any Muggle dwellings in your street. Many lives could be saved if such simple measures are taken."

"And what would you say, Royal, to those listeners who reply that in these dangerous times, it should be 'Wizards first'?" asked Lee.

"I'd say that it's one short step from 'Wizards first' to 'Purebloods first,' and then to 'Death Eaters,'" replied Kingsley. "We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

"Excellently put, Royal, and you've got my vote for Minister of Magic if we ever get out of this mess," said Lee. "And now, over to Romulus for our popular feature 'Pals of Potter.'"

"Thanks, River," said Lupin.

"Romulus, do you maintain, as you have every time you've appeared on our program, that Harry Potter is still alive?"

"I do," said Lupin firmly. "There is no doubt at all in my mind that his death would be proclaimed as widely as possible by the Death Eaters if it had happened, because it would strike a deadly blow at the morale of those resisting the new regime. 'The Boy Who Lived' remains a symbol of everything for which we are fighting: the triumph of good, the power of innocence, the need to keep resisting."

"And what would you say to Harry if you knew he was listening, Romulus?"

"I'd tell him we're all with him in spirit," said Lupin, then hesitated slightly, "And I'd tell him to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right."

"And our usual update on those friends of Harry Potter's who are suffering for their allegiance?" Lee was saying.

"Well, as regular listeners will know, several of the more outspoken supporters of Harry Potter have now been imprisoned, including Xenophilius Lovegood, erstwhile editor of The Quibbler," said Lupin.

"We have also heard within the last few hours that Rubeus Hagrid; a well-known gamekeeper at Hogwarts School, has narrowly escaped arrest within the grounds of Hogwarts, where he is rumored to have hosted a 'Support Harry Potter' party in his house. However, Hagrid was not taken into custod-."

I slammed my palm down on the radio. It sputtered and the sound cut off. I really didn't want to hear about the party right now.

I could already hear an echo of Amycus's voice.

"I can do anything with you, and you can't do a thing to stop me."

No. Please no. I begged the part of my mind. Please go away.

He writhed away like smoke on the wind. But I knew he'd be back.

What am I going to do?

Present

An owl battered against the window. Bill and Fleur's owl. Mum rushed over and opened it. Her hand shook as she opened the letter, and as she silently read, her face got grimmer and grimmer. She started talking to herself.

"Bill's at Shell Cottage, Charlie's still in Romania, Percy... won't be harmed. Where's Fred and George?" She asked, even though she knew the answer.

She glanced at the clock, which remained unhelpfully stuck on mortal peril. It'd been saying that for months.

"Mum." I tried to say. She glanced at me.

"Ginny, you're here, thank God for that. Arthur's upstairs. Better write to Aunt Muriel..."

Mum!"

"How long until Fred and George get back?" She started pacing.

"MUM!"

"Yes, Ginny dear?"

"What's going on?"

"Harry, Hermione, and Ron have been captured."

Her voice was shaking slightly. Time seemed to stop. Her lips were pursed in a tight line. Her eyes held a steely glint.

"What!"

"They escaped, but-." I let out a breath.

"Why didn't you start with that?"

"-but, Ron was identified. We need to go into hiding."

"What about Hogwarts? Won't they catch me there?"

"You're not going back to Hogwarts."