"You can let go of me now, you know..." I pouted.

"Mmm...just a little bit longer..." Ace smiled in return.

...Was it just me...or did Ace seem to really like carrying me for some reason?

I could count almost a million times that Ace has held me in the past...

It was just that...he did it so often and so naturally that I never really noticed.

"Um...Ace..." I mumbled as I gave a small tap on his shoulder.

"Hmm? What is it, Cordelia?" Ace asked me as he lowered his voice to match the tone of mine.

I gave a small gulp before opening my mouth.

"...Am...Am I not heavy...?" I whispered quietly to him shyly.

For a moment, Ace looked completely flabbergasted as if he really had no words for this type of situation.

But soon enough, his lips began to twitch upward a little and he let out such a big laugh that, by the time he was done, there were a few tears in his eyes.

"You don't have to laugh so much, you know..." I said, completely embarrassed by the current situation.

"Cordelia...Are you worrying about your weight now...?" Ace asked me with a funny look on his face.

I blushed a little.

Was he saying that I really was too heavy?

Oh no...

"I know I eat a lot so...Maybe I should start eating regular portions like a normal person...haha..." I laughed awkwardly.

At this, Ace's eyebrows twitched a little and he frowned.

"You know...that's not what I meant," he said with a soft smile on his face.

"Hmm...?"

"You're not heavy at all. You're just perfect the way you are. The perfect size for me to hold you comfortably like this," Ace chuckled as he bundled me up into a small ball and held me close to his chest as if though I were some sort of large doll.

I blushed.

"I'm not a toy, you know," I pouted.

"I know—and you never were. You're Cordelia de Boren Cyllia," Ace recited as if though he was already prepared to answer.

"Mhm...exactly," I huffed.

For some reason, there was a wide grin on Ace's face...as if though he were currently having the time of his life.

But, suddenly, his eyes snapped to the clock, which hung on the wall behind my head, and frowned.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

Ace gave a small, depressed sigh and answered, "4:15 AM."

"Oh."

Really?

It was already that late??

I didn't even realize it at all...!

"You should go to sleep, Cordelia, or else you'll be tired tomorrow morning," Ace frowned.

"But I'm not even tired yet—" I protested.

"Doesn't matter," Ace replied sternly as he carried me all the way to my bed and plopped me gently on the sheets.

"I'm serious...I am wide awake right now...! I wouldn't be able to fall asleep even if I wanted to..." I pouted.

"Then...I'll use some magic to help you fall asleep," Ace smiled as he refused to let me have my way.