Chapter Ten

Tris' POV

"Okay guys, listen up!" Will yelled. He and Christina were stood on the main stage. Today we were going to announce the new rankings, even though there hadn't been much moving around, and we were going to announce the jobs that are up for offer and what they entail. When no one quietened down, Shauna rolled her wheelchair up to the stage, moved the microphone low enough for her to use, and yelled.

"Listen or I can make sure you don't get a job!" She screeched, and I will be the first to admit, she did actually look pretty intimidating.

"Now get your pretty little butts in those chairs before Zeke comes and makes you!" Four and I were almost peeing ourselves laughing, but the initiates looked so scared. Zeke strolled up onto the stage and pulled Shauna away from the microphone before tilting it back up to his mouth height.

"Well for those of you that haven't met us yet, I'm Zeke, and Shauna is my wife, so no hitting on the woman in the wheelchair." Peter chuckled, he'd tried that many a time before. Zeke gestured to myself and Four.

"Obviously these two weirdo lovebirds are engaged, and clearly they're you're instructors, same for Uriah and Marlene who couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to come here." Oh I think I know what they're doing, and it sure as hell isn't sleeping!

"And then Will and Christina, our other fabulous Dauntless leadership. I'll hand you over to Chris, who will announce your new rankings, they haven't shifted much, and then to Will, who will tell you about the jobs up for offer and what they involve."

Christina stepped forward and began reading her list.

"I'll start from highest, where the most change has happened. Also, we have a new initiate coming first.

1. Imogen, congratulations on the second lowest number of fears ever!

2. Jacob

3. Ed

4. Cade

5. Rachael

6. Blake

7. Chris

8. Jack

9. Aidan

10. Lia

11. Chloe

12. Kristen

13. Jake

14. Jade

15. Hannah

16. George

17. Kira

18. Harry."

"Thanks Chris," Will smiles and steps forward, kissing Christina on the cheek as he does so, those two are so cute.

"Okay, I'm going to list the jobs in order of least desirable to most desirable, then go back through the list telling you what each job entails.

Five gate patrol

One cook

Four clothing shop assistants

One computer control room

Three tattoo artists

Two initiation instructors

Two places on Dauntless leadership.

Okay, so the way receiving your jobs will actually work is simple. After initiation, you will enter a room, and will be asked what job you want. The first place ranked initiate goes in first, that's where your rankings come in. Once a job is full, no more space can be made.

Five gate patrol. Your job is simple. Protect the city, make sure there is nothing outside the gate.

One cook. You will be stationed in the kitchen preparing food, and coming up with ideas for new food.

Four clothing shop assistants. Help people find clothes, find out what suits them. This may not seem like a very 'Dauntless' job, but you will have to help out carrying armour around and adjusting it to fit your clients. Yes with hammers.

One computer control room. This is where Four and Uriah work when they aren't sorting out initiation. You will either have to monitor CCTV or you will have to program computers.

Three tattoo artists. Marlene and Tris will be looking after the tattoo parlour. You will have to tattoo and pierce Dauntless members as well as making and mixing ink.

Two initiation instructors. I think you all know what that entails. Anyways, good luck for all of you, all of the jobs are actually pretty amazing, and at least none of you will get cut.