FIFTEEN

I had woken up a few hours ago to a note that said the kings had gone out to hunt. Jane and Alec were outside guarding the place while I sat on the huge comfy sofa waiting for their return. My stomach started to rumble and grumble demanding food. Jumping up and heading over to the kitchen.

I searched the place for food, finding bacon, eggs, sausage, bread and fruit. I started to cook my breakfast. Frying the meat and eggs in separate pans, toasting the bread and cutting up some fruit. I pulled out a jug of fresh orange juice and placed it on the kitchen island.

I plated my food and started eating, sitting on one of the stools at the marble island. My stomach was thanking me for eating this delicious breakfast, usually I skip breakfast because I'm sleeping. I wasn't really sure why I had woken up so early today or why I was so hungry.

"Good morning Tesoro." Marcus greeted me as he came in eyeing the food then me with a pleased expression.

"Morning." I replied my voice muffled by the food, he grinned happily.

"You're awake." Aro and Caius walked in after my brunette mate.

"Mmhmm." I replied to Caius. They all just watched as I ate, I'd gotten used to that since Caius had been coming with me whenever I visited Stefano. Always so interested in humans, asking questions while I ate. I washed up the dishes, ignoring their comments about me not exerting myself.

"So what time are we going home?" I asked, really wanting my comfy bed back in Italy.

"Whenever you wish to." Marcus walked around the island, coming to rub my back softly.

"Now. As soon as possible." They seemed concerned for a moment but, "I want my comfy bed back. And I miss Stefano's food." My shoulders slumped as I leaned into Marcus while all three of them laughed.

"Alright Carissima, we'll sort the jet out." Caius called Jane and Alec inside and began ordering them to get the plane sorted.

"Do you want one of us to help you pack?" I shook my head at Aro's question.

"I'll be okay." I replied heading upstairs to repack my suitcase, I didn't get much out so it didn't take me too long. Pulling the suitcase behind me I started to make my way down the stairs when the suitcase pushed against my ankle making me loose my balance. I felt myself falling and this time there was no one to stop me. The last thing I remember was screaming.

———————-

"Why didn't one of us go with her?" I could hear a glum voice.

"Don't be sad." My croaky voice strained to talk, but I managed to do it as I opened my eyes. I saw my Marcus staring at me with hopeful eyes but a sad expression.

"Why does my head hurt?" I groaned starting to remember the all to familiar situation from when I first met my mates.

"You had a concussion cosa dolce." Marcus' answer made my heart pound hard.

"What?" I could feel myself getting breathless and my chest started to hurt. I didn't remember anything, how could I have a concussion?

"Tesoro, please calm down." He pleaded.

"What....happened....where are..." I felt myself panicking more and more.

"Shh it's okay. Take a deep breath for me." He cooed trying to calm me down. I gripped my chest feeling it start to tighten. He whooshed out the room and then back in, my medication in his hand. He helped me take two pills with some water. I had calmed down after a while.

"Where are Caius and Aro?" I asked my brunette mate.

"They're working. You've been out for a few days, we brought you home a day ago after the doctor allowed us to. We wanted you to be comfortable in your own bed." He brushed some hair behind my ear.

"What actually happened?" His hand gripped mine as I tried to sit up, he helped me pulling the pillow up for me to relax against.

"You fell down the stairs." He stated. Of course I did. Clumsiest woman of the year. Whatever. I patted the side of the bed that was empty glancing at Marcus. With a smile he whooshed over, sitting down next to me on the bed.

"So how bad is it?" I grimaced, literally feeling a massive plaster on my head and seeing the bandages on my leg and arm.

"Sprained ankle and wrist, along with a head injury." He looked so sad, slight anger in his eyes.

"And how long do I have to stay in bed for?" I knew for a fact that with how overprotective the Kings were, I wouldn't be getting out of this bed for a long while.

"You won't be moving today." He spoke sternly.

After a couple of exaggerated huffs and certain looks from the brunette king, I finally conceded, "Fine but I want to go see Stefano and get some food." I started to get up when Marcus cleared his throat making me pause.

"Tesoro." He warned. "I'll have Stefano bring your food here." I laid back down with a pout.

After a good ten minutes Stefano came strolling into the bedroom with a worried expression and a bowl in hand.

"Adorabile umano! Sweet thing, how could this happen!" It sounded more of a rhetorical question, like a father scolding a child for grazing their knee.

"I'm clumsy." I shrugged, trying to peak into the bowl that he was holding to see what he brought me.

"Ice cream for the invalid." He chuckled handing me the bowl and spoon. I ate all of it not caring about the two men watching me. Not even when I relaxed back into bed with ice cream all around my mouth. An invalid, but a carefree invalid.

Thankyou so much for the reads and votes, it means so much my lovelies!
Breaking dawn part two is coming upppppp! You'll know when it starts❤️